Mi Amor represents one of the most popular Art DeFever trawler designs ever developed, the DeFever 49 RPH (raised pilothouse). This model continues to attract a strong following today. With its full displacement hull, fuel capacity and twin engines propulsion, the DeFever 49 provides safety and comfort with redundancy for smooth long-range cruising. A testament to their capability, these sturdy trawlers are still cruising today in many different locations around the world.
Mi Amor was purchased by her current owners in 2014. Jeff Merrill found her for them waiting patiently in San Pedro, southern California. Soon after taking possession, they sailed her to San Diego, CA where they completed many upgrades and developed their philosophy to continually maintain her to their highest standards. Two years ago, in 2019, they traveled north to the Sacramento delta region where they keep her in fresh water with a covered slip when they aren’t out enjoying local cruising.
Boarding Mi Amor from the dock can be through the side decks or transom. Along the port and starboard side decks, bulwark high boarding gates are located amidship. The side decks are wide and covered overhead. Once aboard you can enjoy the large cockpit deck and enter the saloon, or you can walk forward towards the foredeck passing the pilothouse side entry doors. If you desire, you can walk around to the other side of the boat through the safety of the Portuguese bridge located forward of the pilothouse. When returning to the boat in your dinghy there is a large swim platform with a boarding gate that opens to the cockpit deck.
Once aboard Mi Amor, you will quickly realize why many owners believe this is an ideal couple’s cruiser and a large enough vessel for a small family. With her large full beam and extended upper deck roof, the aft deck provides ample room for relaxing, fishing or even dinner al fresco while at anchor. From the aft deck you enter the main saloon with seating on both sides and large windows allowing for natural light and great views to sustain a feeling of openness. Forward of the saloon is a large galley designed for preparing meals at rest or underway at sea. Across from the galley (to starboard) are a few steps leading to the large pilothouse with room for four people to sit and enjoy the views ahead. Down a few steps from the pilothouse are two separate accommodations, the owner stateroom is located amidship with a walk around full-size bed and ensuite head. Forward of the owner stateroom is a shared crew / guest stateroom. The guest cabin features separate high/low bunk style beds and ample storage for personal belongings. The guest head is located at the base of the stairs so it is easily accessed by all crew.
In the current market, good quality trawlers don’t last long. If you are looking for a two cabin, two head, easily operated by a couple trawler, the DeFever 49 should be a contender. Once you get aboard Mi Amor you can pass your own judgement on her condition. We are confident you will agree she is an excellent value.
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT: The DeFever 49 is a full displacement trawler with proven long range coastal cruising capabilities. Her twin diesel engine propulsion provides an economical and comfortable ride. The interior features finely crafted teak joinery and teak parquet style flooring complimented with white countertops in the galley and white overhead ceiling panels. You will appreciate the placement of windows for visibility as well as hatches and portlights for air circulation. The interior includes air conditioning for climate control. The layout aboard Mi Amor offers a pleasing arrangement that creates a consistent flow from one area to the next.
SALOON: The saloon is entered from the aft deck through a starboard side double door. Once indoors, you will appreciate the craftsmanship, open spacing and home styling that has gone into this build.
There are large windows framing the world outside which showcase tremendous views. Window coverings are custom made using light colored fabric materials and provide a soft touch to the saloon. To port are two large recliners that are both functional and comfortable – underway or just relaxing dockside. There is a small built-in table between the chairs and another built-in console forward (port side) near the galley. Across to starboard is a large free-standing sofa with room for three people to sit and relax. A flatscreen TV is located forward starboard side. There are two bar stools which fit neatly below the galley serving counter. To starboard on the way to the pilothouse is an under-counter clothes washer/dryer that blends into the cabinetry as well as an overhead glass door cabinet
- Double entry doors from the cockpit
- Free standing reclining chairs to port
- Large sofa to starboard
- Teak parquet flooring
- Stylish area rug
- Large windows
- Custom window coverings
- Forward opening window starboard
- TCL 32” flat screen television
- Lighted locker with clear glass panel
- Ample lighting
- Built in storage cabinets
- Barstool seats at galley counter
- Splendide 2000 laundry clothes washer/dryer
GALLEY: Forward to port on the entry level is the galley with the expected appliances you desire for preparing meals. It boasts a beautiful complement of teak lockers and drawers with white counters. This is a galley that is roomy and practical
- Force 10 (3) burner electric stove and oven
- Panasonic microwave convection oven
- 24” Kenmore “home-sized” refrigerator/freezer with dark steel face
- Stainless steel sink
- Teak parquet flooring
- Opening window above sink for cross ventilation
- Overhead storage lockers
- Excellent counter surface area
- Below counter storage lockers
- Multiple storage drawers
- Fresh water tank level indicator
- Village Marine Tec water maker remote operation panel
PILOTHOUSE: Up a few teak steps leads you to the raised pilothouse with seating room for up to four people including a helm chair. The forward console is designed with functionality as a priority and has a logical layout and spacing for all electronics. All navigation and communications as well as operational machinery displays are in clear view and within reach. Behind the helm chair is a built-in settee with table. You can exit to either side deck outside or continue forward to the lower-level accommodations.
- Helm chair
- Teak steering wheel
- Contoured helm station with easy access reach to controls
- Perkins dual engine panels
- Morse dual engine shift controllers
- ABT stabilizer control panel
- Raymarine RL80C chart plotter/radar
- Raymarine C70 radar with depth sounder/fish finder/radar
- Asus laptop computer with separate chart plotter/AIS
- HP laser jet printer
- Nobeltec chart software
- AIS with transmit/receive
- Simrad Robertson AP20 autopilot
- Capilano 1275V hydraulic steering
- Trac stabilizer control pad
- ACR Global Fix Pro 406 GPS EPIRB
- Water Witch bilge monitor and counter system
- Water pump operating indicator lights
- Ritchie compass
- Horizon Spectrum VHF with remote microphone and hailer
- ICOM M710 SSB
- Maxwell windlass remote
- Electrical panels with breaker switches
- Bilge pump controls
- Wiper control panel
- 12 V outlet
- Xantrex Link 2000 battery monitor
- Electrical breaker panel
- ACR EPIRB
- Air conditioning control
- Windows providing views in three directions
- Louvered lockers
- Chart drawers
- Large L shaped settee aft
- Teak table with hinged leaf
- Forward hinged doors port and starboard
- Forward doors have roller screens to deter insects
- White ceiling panels with teak trim
- Clock and barometer
- Ships bell
- Aft deep storage space with door
- Hinged gate to close off forward stairway
- Teak flooring
LOWER-LEVEL FORWARD: Descending from the pilothouse (starboard side) the gradual teak staircase brings you to the accommodations deck. Straight inboard is the shared companion way and guest / crew day head. The owner cabin is aft, full beam with opening portlights and a large island bed. The guest stateroom is forward with two bunk berths.
The lower level is connected by a companionway that begins at the base of the stairs. There is a convenient guest head for all crew that is accessible and not located inside either stateroom. This is a wet head with toilet, sink, shower and teak graded floor with sump drain.
- Vacuflush freshwater head
- Stand up shower with door
- Mirror forward of sink
- White Corian counter with undermount sink and faucet
- Opening portlight
- Raised sill sole to drain shower water
- Towel racks
GUEST STATEROOM: Forward of the stairwell and companionway head is the guest stateroom. There are two bunk beds arranged in a fore/aft orientation matching the bow angle to maximize sleeping space. There is a built-in cabinet with drawers. A hanging locker is to starboard and opening portlights outboard to port.
- Two single berths – over/under
- Built in cabinet with drawers
- Louvered door on large locker
- Opening portlights outboard (with curtains)
- Hatch overhead
- Teak flooring
- Air conditioning
OWNER STATEROOM: For a quiet place to unwind, relax and sleep you will be impressed with the owner stateroom. Located aft on the lower level, this is a full beam stateroom and head with the large bed positioned fore and aft. Under the bed is access to storage. To port is a built-in dresser with drawers and two outboard hanging lockers, to starboard is a hanging locker and entry to the head. The forward bulkhead has a mirror and there is a desk/shelf area below it. There are opening portlights outboard, good lighting, excellent storage and climate control to make this area enjoyable. Traditional teak finish including louvered door cabinets, plentiful drawers and the desktop. The overhead is white with teak trim and the sole is teak parquet.
- Large Queen berth facing fore/aft
- Built in cabinets
- Louvered locker doors
- Hanging lockers
- Opening portlights outboard (with curtains)
- Heat/AC controller
- Desk set up to port
- Large mirror on forward bulkhead
- LG 24” flat screen television
- Direct access to the head to starboard
OWNER HEAD: The owner head is private, accessed from inside the stateroom and located to starboard. This convenient area includes a freshwater toilet, sink, mirrored cabinet and freshly remodeled stand up shower with a door.
- Vacuflush freshwater head
- Full height stand up shower with teak seat
- Frosted glass shower door
- Towel racks
- Teak trimmed mirror
- Medicine cabinet
- White Corian counter with undermount sink
- Two opening portlights
- Teak parquet flooring
ENGINE ROOM: The engine room is accessed through the galley via a large, hinged hatch and/or through a larger door opening in the lazarette. The saloon entrance provides quick access to conduct engine room checks while underway without having to venture far from the pilothouse. Access through the lazarette provides a larger door entrance for carrying in tools and supplies. Upon entering through the lazarette you will see the generator and water maker on either side of the teak grated center aisle. Forward are the two Perkins diesel engines with a wide center path between them that gives convenient access for inspection and care. Outboard of both engines are the ABT Trac active fin stabilizers as well as house and start batteries. Three air conditioning compressors are mounted outboard. The forward bulkhead is where the primary fuel manifold and fuel polisher are located.
- Galley floor hatch access with stainless steel ladder
- (2) Perkins / Sabre M225 Ti inboard diesel engines (225 HP each)
- (2) ZF HSW 630 reduction gear transmissions turning a ratio of 2.5:1
- Duplex Racor fuel filters for mains
- Fuel filtering system with Racor and pump
- Hynautic hydraulic reservoir for engine controls
- 12.5 kW Westerbeke Generator
- Racor for generator
- (2) Xantrex Freedom 25 inverters
- Phase 3 smart charger
- ABT Trac active fin stabilizers with hydraulic reservoir
- Village Marine Tech STW 800 watermaker
- Raritan 20-gallon hot water tank
- Water Fixer UV freshwater sterilizer
- Electric bilge pump
- High water bilge pump
- Air conditioning pump
- MarineAir air conditioning compressors
- X-Change-R oil change set up
- Teak shelf cabinet drawer
- Teak slat floors along centerline
LAZARETTE: The lazarette is under the cockpit aft deck and secured with a large, hinged hatch. This area houses the steering gear and yields ample storage areas for extra supplies and gear.
- Stainless steel ladder from cockpit
- Hydraulic steering ram with valves
- Autopilot sensors
- (2) SCUBA tanks stand in teak rack
- Storage space outboard
- Supplies / spare parts
- Automatic bilge pump
- (2) Stainless steel hinged flopper stoppers
SWIM PLATFORM/AFT COCKPIT: Mi Amor comes with a full beam swim platform for boarding from a dinghy or coming in by water. A large boarding gate leads you to the covered aft deck which is also full beam. An integrated sink console is located to port against the saloon bulkhead. From the aft cockpit you can enter the saloon or walk forward to the bow through the large side decks. Located to port is a stainless steel and teak ladder for access to the boat deck above. A Magma barbeque is mounted aft.
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Hot and cold-water cockpit shower
- Boarding gate from swim step
- Side deck boarding gates port and starboard.
- Integrated sink with locker port forward of cockpit
- Freeing ports with cleats
- Large hatch access to lazarette below
- Dry-Dek interlocking tiles covering non-skid
- Magma barbeque
- US ensign
FOREDECK: The foredeck is divided by the Portuguese Bridge. This is a large, uncluttered area with deck hatches and high stainless railing. Ground tackle with windlass forward, deck pipes for rode and access to the chain locker. A shallow built in locker is aft as well as shore power connections and a water tap.
- Maxwell 2200 vertical electric windlass
- Stainless steel Sampson post
- 45 KG Bruce primary anchor
- (3) Fortress FX 55, 11, 16 anchors
- Hawes pipes leading to cleats
- Opening deck hatch for guest cabin
- Shallow storage locker built in
- Forward shore power connection
- Fresh water tap
- Hawes pipes with cleats
- Portuguese bridge with three storage lockers
BOAT DECK: The boat deck is located above the saloon and accessed either by a hatch aft that connects with the cockpit ladder in or through stairs from the pilothouse. The inflatable tender is stored here and launched with an electric davit.
- Caribe C-10 10’0” RIB
- Dinghy cover
- Two stainless rails for dinghy mounting (and tie downs)
- 15 HP Honda outboard
- Electric davit
- Davis wind instrument
- Life Raft
- Life ring
FLYBRIDGE: The view above the flybridge is spectacular. With a folding Bimini top you have shade in the sun and protection from rain. There is a fiberglass radar arch for mounting electronics and antennas over the central command chair with the steering wheel and depth/autopilot/com instruments forward. An L-shaped settee with storage underneath is located port and aft.
- Raised deck
- Venturi plastic wind break
- Stainless steel handrails
- Sliding door with window from pilothouse
- Fiberglass arch
- Folding Bimini overhead
- Todd helm chair
- Main engine instrument displays in covered case
- Air horn button
- Windlass control
- Large fiberglass built in seating with cushions and storage
- US Coast Guard safety equipment (flares, fire extinguishers, discharge and trash plaques, horn, life jackets, throw ring, etc.)
- Fire-Boy engine room fire system with FE-241 fixed fire suppression in engine room. Automatic thermal and manual activation
- Three (3) Bilge high water alarm float switches, forward, engine room and lazarette
- Marine medical kit
- Smoke detectors
- ACR EPIRB
ADDITIONAL BROKER COMMENTS:
Mi Amor is a US Coast Guard Documented vessel. The layout flows well and the craftsmanship is at a very high standard. Mi Amor is ready to go. The current owners have done an exceptional job looking after her.
For additional information please visit Mi Amor’s website: www.DeFever49ForSale.com
In addition to the 360 tour and Talk Through videos for Mi Amor, you may enjoy the #CruisingConversation Jeff conducted with Wilson Lin from POCTA, the builder of DeFever’s. Here is the link for that episode:
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers and recreational tugs. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: Mi Amor is available for Co-Brokerage.
*Listing broker. Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market plus direct experience with the DeFever 49. Jeff is a familiar face to YouTube viewers and a regular presenter at TrawlerFest. He writes about trawlers for Ocean Navigator and PassageMaker magazines and is one of the online instructors for Boaters University.
This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Jeff Merrill, CPYB by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Jeff is always available via Mobile (949) 355-4950 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Jeff@JMYS.com.