Diesel Duck 382
IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ACQUIRE A SISTERSHIP, PLEASE CONTACT THE JMYS TEAM DIRECTLY.
Jubilee is a 2007 George Buehler designed Diesel Duck 382 built to yacht standards by Sea Horse Marine in Zhuhai, China. Diesel Ducks have won several People’s Choice awards at TrawlerFest events over the years. Sailors looking to move into the trawler life and trawler lovers alike marvel at the impeccable workmanship and materials. She is a full displacement steel passage maker with a single diesel engine and a sail assist/get home balanced rig with roller furling jib and roller furling main with boomless main sail trimmed with a traveler bar control and four Harken winches.
Jubilee is a slightly smaller version of the popular Diesel Duck 462. At 41′ long, it is a 3/4 version of the Diesel Duck 462. It is 10′ shorter and one foot narrower. There are subtle modifications in dimensions measuring a foot here and there. Both models have the same size master stateroom bed, the 382 has narrower walk around. The biggest difference is that the 382 has one head instead of two.
She is seaworthy, livable and affordable. If your cruising goals include unlimited travel in comfort with the dependability of diesel propulsion combined with the reliability of sail, please take a close look at the details included in this incredible trawler. She has been is lightly used and completely equipped for long distance cruising. She would also be a fine vessel for doing the popular “Great Loop”. For the last several years she has been cruising the Great Lakes and stored each winter in a heated facility.
Designed with long range ocean crossing capabilities, the Seahorse Diesel Duck 382’s are easy to handle and a very comfortable live-aboard. All large window frames, i.e., the pilothouse windows, are tapped and gasketed for storm shutters as standard. There are four hatches; one each over the forward and aft cabins and two over the saloon. These are heavy duty aluminum manufactured to ship standards with stainless steel lockdown handles. Jubilee has (11) opening port holes in the hull built to the same ship standards with heavy grade aluminum and glass. Each has two stainless steel screw down seals including a screw down heavy aluminum “dead light (cover)” which can be dogged down water tight if necessary. The hatches and port holes are all equipped wish bug screens for ventilation as are the sliding opening windows in the pilothouse. Jubilee was built for long range cruising and is equipped for cruising anywhere in the world.
Exterior Decks and Hull:
- Fiberglass hardtop in 2017
- (4) hatch covers
- Windlass cover
- Bra covers forward facing windows of pilothouse and first side window on each side
- Roll down side sun shade side curtains on each side of pilothouse
- (Complete weather cover for the flybridge when not in use. This cover has an inner zipper which allows quick and easy access to the upper steering station without removing the whole cover)
- Spray foam insulation on hull interior
- (14) hull anodes bolted to hull, not welded (currently using magnesium anodes in fresh water)
Swim step, cockpit:
Access to the cockpit is from either side or the stern. The cockpit deck level is high off the water and is finished with a natural teak sole and is dressed with a fully covered Bimini with a rigid stainless frame finished in a beautiful Navy all weather fabric. The cockpit is fully covered with custom stainless framing for the beautiful awning.
As you enter the pilothouse from the spacious cockpit you note the airiness of the pilothouse. Once inside the pilothouse the windows which completely surround the space provide a very open and airy feel with unrestricted visibility in all directions for navigation and close quarters handling. To starboard is the helm station and very spacious chart table with large storage compartment and drawers.
The helm station is complete with everything at your fingertips and with a very comfortable helm seat. Your crew can stretch out on the large settee and there is a large teak table for working or dining. Across from the settee is a large navigation station with hinged countertop for storage of charts and navigational tools.
- Sony stereo system with 10 CD changer
- Safety video monitor at helm with cameras in engine room and in cockpit facing aft
- Comnav Commander (Canadian) commercial grade autopilot system with main controls at the helm. Remote unit on the flybridge
- Comnav G2 GPS compass system for autopilot with accuracy to 0.5 degrees
- (7) Hella 12 volt fans
- Airmar 505 depth sounder transducer (Recommended by Garmin for steel vessels)
- Navman masthead wind speed/direction indicator
From the Pilothouse you walk down a few steps into the very large saloon. The joinery in the built in shelving and settee as well as the teak and holly sole is impeccable. There is ample light from a watertight hatch above as well as from the 4 large portholes.
- Electrical Outlets for international as well as US electrical
- Large settee in ultraleather to starboard
- Entertainment Center to port Dynex 28” flat screen TV with Philips DVD player
On the 382, the forward cabin features two stacked berths to starboard with storage lockers under. There are storage compartments and drawers to port with clothes washing machine in cabinet over large storage locker. Aft of the forward cabin is the head to port and shower compartment to starboard.
Aft of the head/shower is the saloon with settee to starboard and table. To port are book shelves, storage compartments and 26′ flat screen TV.
Head and shower:
The shower and toilet are smartly placed across the companionway from each for efficiency and are amply sized and nicely equipped.
- Tecma electric fresh water toilet
- Granite Vanity
Aft of the saloon is the walk thru galley to port which leads to the aft cabin. This is under the pilothouse. In the galley is a waterproof door to the engine room which takes up the rest of the space under the pilothouse and has standing headroom.
- In lieu of standard refrigerator there are twin stainless-steel Isotherm units allowing use of one or both and at different temperatures
- Force Ten gimbaled propane stove with three burners and oven. 220 V exhaust fan over stove
- Propane safety solenoid with two sensors
- (2) 11 lb. propane bottles in separate cockpit compartments
- Microwave oven with convection option
- 5 cubic feet DC freezer with three holding plates
Aft of the galley is the owner’s stateroom with centered queen berth with storage under. Hanging lockers and storage compartments and drawers are on each side. The freezer is also located in the aft stateroom behind the waterproof door. There is a full-length mirror in the stateroom.
- 28” Dynex TV
- 5 cubic foot freezer with 3 holding plates
- 6 portholes provide plenty of light and fresh air
- Full length mirror
- Built in jewelry box with hinged top and mirror
- Hidden ships safe for valuables
Entry into the Engine Room is through a full size water tight door. With 6’7” Headroom throughout it is a very comfortable space for engine checks or maintenance. Access to all systems and filters is easy to see and understand. The amount of space rivals that of much larger boats and makes taking care of machinery on Jubilee a pleasure.
- John Deere 4045 DFM 70, 85 HP main engine (de-rated to 82 HP continuous duty M-2 rating at 2,550 rpms)
- (The standard engine is now an Iveco and the John Deere is a $5,000+ upgrade)
- ZF 220 Transmission with jack shaft, thrust plate bearing, cutlass bearing and 2″ stainless steel shaft with rope cutter installed
- Engine controls at pilothouse and Flybridge
- Leece-Neville heavy duty large frame 24V 140-amp alternator Balmar 3 stage regulator
- Single, large strainer engine room sea chest for engine, air conditioning, generator and anchor wash down
- There is a separate (the only other intake through hull below the water) intake through hull for the watermaker as specified by the manufacturer
- Two engine room ventilation systems. One squirrel cage and one automotive type
- Three Racor 500 series fuel filters (two for the engine with switching manifold and one for the generator)
- Northern Lights 5 kW generator
- Complete fuel management / fuel transfer system. Fuel can be transferred from any tank to any other tank with the use of a built in Walbro fuel pump. As part of the fuel transfer system, fuel can also be passed from any tank through a Racor 1000 series “filtering” fuel and then on to any other tank or back to the same
- Single large fuel fill on deck with screen and swirl chamber for rapid fueling. This leads to a (6) valve manifold under the cabin sole
- Fuel fill is directed to the forward (5) fuel tanks via this manifold
- Port and starboard water tanks with cross flow valving and capacity of approx. 250 gallons
- Shop vice and stainless working surface on starboard water tank in engine room
- Teleflex Capilano hydraulic steering system
- Force 10 water heater with engine coolant loop for hot water under way
- Webasto heater tied to engine coolant system through heat exchanger so that boat can be heated using the Webasto system utilizing engine heat rather than the furnace
- Village Marine 450 gallons per day 220V watermaker
George Buehler’s “sail assist/get home balanced rig” is with roller furling jib, roller furling main, boom less main with traveler bar control (4) Harken winches. The windlass can be controlled for either helm station or at the windlass.
- Teak decking on cockpit seating surfaces
- Solid teak and holly cabin soles throughout (an expensive option on new builds)
- Muir 2500 lb. Cheetah Windlass with 300 feet of 3/8″ chain with chain gypsy and 300 feet of 3/4′ rope on rode gypsy
- Windlass controls at windlass, flybridge and pilothouse
- Heavy duty auto launch anchor roller at bow
- Primary anchor is an authentic 40kg (88 lb.) Rocna
- Stainless steel 30 kilo Delta type anchor spare in backup roller
- All interior vertical surfaces and all cabinetry are teak
- Up the set of stairs from the saloon is the pilothouse which has a full-length settee to port behind a built-in dining table
- The counter tops in the aft master cabin are a light, off white Corian
- The countertops in the galley, saloon, (over the bookshelves) and in the head are done in a primarily black granite
- All seating surfaces on board are covered with tan Ultra leather
- In total, there is comfortable full length sleeping for (6) by utilizing the settees in the saloon and pilothouse
- Tecma high quality electric toilet with fresh water flush
- 40 gallon holding tank
- Electric exhaust fan in head and shower
- Victron Multi stage 3,000-watt 24 V Inverter/Charger with smart panel
- 220-volt isolation transformer with step down transformer for 110V
- Two deck wash down/anchor wash down hose bibs, fore and aft with raw water, fresh water valving
- Original equipment included house, engine and generator AGM batteries. These have been replaced with the U.S. Brand “Lifeline” AGM batteries rated for 1,100 discharges to 50% as follows:
- House bank (4) – 12 V batteries totaling 300-amp hours at 24 volts
- Engine start bank (2) 12 V batteries totaling 150-amp hours at 24 volts-replaced in 2012
- Generator start battery (one 12-volt battery rated at 125 amps replaced in 2015)
- 110 volt and 220 volt international receptacles throughout
- All overhead lighting is LED
- There are (11) swivel type reading lights on board. All have been converted to LED
- The three original fluorescent light fixtures in the galley have been replaced with high quality teak framed “Alpenglow” brand fluorescent fixtures which include the LED red “night light” option as well
- The same “Alpenglow” fixture with red LED option is installed in the pilothouse over the helm station
- Remote control spotlight on front of flybridge housing
- Aqua Signal Series 41 international navigation lights
- Combination masthead anchor light/emergency strobe light. Anchor light bulb converted to LED in 2015
- Two sump pumps with float switches mounted in sump boxes for shower gray water and air conditioning condensation
- (3) Rule 24V bilge pumps. One in each waterproof compartment
- One large Whale gusher type manual emergency bilge pump mounted under cockpit sole with long handle and feeds from each of the waterproof compartments
Optional equipment and factory upgrades:
- Side Power 24 V bow thruster
- Webasto diesel fired furnace system, 45,000 BTU with hydronic radiators in each cabin
- Central thermostat. Each radiator has three-way fan switch
- (2) Gree (Webasto branded in the USA) Marine aircon/heat exchanger units. size 9,000 BTU in the aft cabin and 16,000 BTU for the saloon and pilothouse
- (2) solar panels of 150 watts each were installed in 2017
- Seahorse high strength custom stern davits. (Note: with dinghy is in the davits, the dinghy bottom is approximately 9 feet above the water)
- Complete flybridge package with second steering station, bench seating, etc
- Spare propeller for main
- FloScan fuel monitoring system
- Complete stainless steel high rail and “dress” package for the entire boat (in lieu of standard painted pipe)
- Rigid stainless frame for cockpit Bimini (in lieu of folding frame)
- Splendide brand (Italian) European style clothes washing machine (no dryer)
- Philips DVD player which interfaces with 26” flat screen television
- TV in saloon. The aft cabin is also wired and designed for a second TV installation if desired
This description has been created to encourage you to call. There is much more to discover, and as you now know, she is marvelously equipped. Your next move is to connect and make an appointment so that you can step aboard to see for yourself…Jubilee.
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our experience is available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: This listing is available for co-brokerage and JMYS is a 50/50 house. Courtesy showings are available by appointment. Florida listings subject to appropriate broker licensing required by law.
*Listing broker. Larry Friedman (licensed Florida Yacht broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market and is a past owner of a Kadey-Krogen 39. Larry has the advantage of being an owner operator with extensive hands-on experience and can help you from the early stages of the search through purchasing and post purchase coaching. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Larry Friedman by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Larry is always available via Mobile +1.317.501.4671 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Larry@JMYS.com.
|BRAND AND MODEL:||DIESEL DUCK 382|
|TYPE:||Long range, sail assisted passage maker with raised pilothouse and flybridge|
|HULL COLOR:||Imron Paint – Navy Blue|
|REGISTRY:||United States Coast Guard documented|
|BUILDER:||Sea Horse Marine – Zhuhai, China|
|DISPLACEMENT:||56,000 lbs. | 25.4 MT|
|RANGE:||5,500 + miles @ 6.0 knots (with 10% reserve)|
|SPEED:||Cruise 6.3, Top 7.7 knots|
|LOA:||41’0” | 12.5 M|
|LWL:||40’3” | 12.27 M|
|BEAM:||13’9” | 4.19 M|
|DRAFT:||4’10” | 1.47 M|
|AIR DRAFT:||45’0″ | 13.72 M to top of mast (est.) 18′ hinged at deck|
|MAIN ENGINE:||John Deere 4045 85 HP (Main hours: ~1,384) September, 2020|
|MAST:||Painted alumimun, single spreader with mast climbing steps|
|SAILS:||Roller furling main and roller furling high cut jib|
|THRUSTERS:||Max Power 24V bow thruster|
|ELECTRICAL:||60 Hertz – US style – (1) universal 50/30 amp service with isolation transformer|
|GENERATOR: (2?)||Northern Lights 6 kW M673L2.3 (Generator hours: ~340) April, 2017|
|INVERTER:||Victron Phoenix 3,000 watt inverter|
|BATTERIES:||12V Lifeline AGM|
|WATER MAKER:||Village Marine 220 V 450 gallons / day|
|CLIMATE CONTROL:||Gree reverse cycle air conditioning | Webasto hydronic diesel heater|
|WINDLASS:||Muir Cheetah 2500 horizontal, 24V electric|
|DAVIT:||SeaHorse stainless steel davit – 350 lb. lifting capacity|
|TENDER AND OUTBOARD:||2013 AB 10.5 inflatable with aluminum hull | Yamaha 15 HP 2 stroke|
|NAV/COM:||Garmin | Horizon | Comnav|
|ENTERTAINMENT:||Dynex 28″ flat screen TV with Philips DVD player in saloon | Sony AM/FM/XM stereo with Xplod 10 disc CD changer|
|STATEROOMS:||(2) Owner walk around queen aft, Guest cabin with two stacked berths forward|
|HEADS:||(1) Tecma (electric freshwater)|
|SHOWERS:||(1) private shower stall|
|LAUNDRY:||Splendide clothes washer (not a dryer)|
|GALLEY:||Force 10 propane stove and oven |Isotherm refrigeration | 5 cu. ft. freezer|
|INTERIOR COUNTERS:||Granite counters|
|INTERIOR FLOORING:||Teak and holly solid stock|
|FUEL:||1,720 gallons | 6,511 L (6 steel tanks)|
|HOLDING BLACK:||45 gallons | 170 L (1 fiberglass tank)|
|FRESH WATER:||316 gallons |1,196 L (2 steel tanks)|
|SAFETY:||EPIRB plus USCG safety requirments|
|Note: All information is believed accurate, but should be verified.|
|Dimensions L x W x H|
|Pilothouse||9’5″ x 8’6″ – HR 6’7″ | 2.87m x 2.59m – HR 2m|
|Owner stateroom||8′ x 10′ – HR 6’11” | 2.44m x 3.04m – HR 2.11m|
|Owner Bed||6′ 8″ x 4′ 11″ | 2m x 1.5m|
|Engine Room||7′ x 8′ – HR 6’7″ | 2.13m x 2.43m – HR 1.83m|
|Galley||7′ 4″ x 4′ 6″ – HR 6′ 8″ | 2.23m x 1.37m – HR 2.03|
|Saloon||10′ x 12’4″ – HR 6’10” | 3.04m x 3.76m – HR 2.08|
|Guest Stateroom||6’4″ x 8’10” – HR 6’11” | 1.93m x .2.69m – HR 2.11m|
|Guest bunks (2)||6’8″ x 2’8″ each | 2.03m x .81m each|