Vero Beach, FL
There are Krogen 44’s, there are Krogen 44AE’s and then there is Sweet Ride. In 2004 Krogen introduced the Krogen 44. They are very popular for their 2-stateroom layout and ease of operation and can even be operated single handedly. The hull design provides the efficiency that you expect from a trawler with the Krogen wine glass stern which gives the 44 a very comfortable ride in any sea.
In 2012 Krogen took what they learned from the first 26 hulls and made several design changes. Krogen focused on improving access to the boat itself, access to systems which require maintenance and upgrading appliances. They added the AE designation, “Advanced Ergonomics”, to signify more than 50 design improvements. Specifically, the 44AE is distinctive from the original 44 design in the following ways:
- Full walk-thru cockpit boarding doors
- GE full size refrigerator which opens to port for ease of the chef
- Viking four-burner propane stove/oven
- Walk-in engine room access
- Available Companion seat next to the helm chair on the Flybridge
- Included an L-shaped settee arrangement on the Flybridge with a table
Sweet Ride is extensively equipped for blue water cruising and is a proven offshore cruiser. Her water maker, extensive spares, larger refrigerator and pantry space add to her ability to be self-sufficient in remote areas. When acquired by her current owners, they took this improved AE platform to the highest level of “cruise ready”. Owners of two prior Krogens, they purchased Sweet Ride because they appreciate the Krogen design as well as the quality of the build. Their extensive cruising experience taught them what cruise ready means. It’s about redundant systems, built with the best equipment and installed in a manner that makes serviceability and operation as easy as possible. The result: you will be hard pressed to find any other Krogen available today at any price that is more cruise ready than Sweet Ride.
The transformation began with a complete inspection of every system aboard Sweet Ride. Each system was evaluated for reliability, durability and serviceability. The objective was to bring Sweet Ride to a level of preparation and confidence in systems so the owners could enjoy easy access and reliable operation.
Here are some of the improvements undertaken:
- All raw water fittings were removed, cleaned and coated with a ceramic coating – making them impervious to the hazards of salt water.
- All hoses in engine room were replaced.
- The engine was serviced and, in the process, all fuel or oil filters which were in any way difficult to service were relocated for ease of maintenance.
- The coolers on the stabilizers were remounted in order to ease changing of the zincs.
- Dial type battery switches were removed and replaced by fuses to immediately be able to isolate any circuit.
- All batteries were replaced. The starting batteries for the main and the genset were more appropriately sized for their purpose and the six house batteries were replaced with premium AGM Roll batteries.
- Electrical System upgrades included installation of a second 2500 watt Magnum inverter for duplicity.
- A Charles Iso-boost system was installed. The Iso-Boost™ is an automatic voltage correcting shoreline isolation transformer intended for boats with 50-amp (Iso-Boost™ 50) or 100-amp (Iso-Boost™ 100) service. Properly installed it will electrically isolate AC shore power from the boat’s AC power system reducing galvanic current corrosion due to the AC shore power connection. The output voltage is boosted (increased) by 15% if the supplied voltage is too low. This low voltage commonly occurs when connecting to marina power sources that are derived from a 208-volt system rather than from a 240-volt (60Hz electrical service) system. According to the manufacturer, the Iso-Boost™ can extend the useful life of many electrical components installed on the boat.
- A second fresh water pump was plumbed into the system so that there is a 12v pump and a separate 120v pump giving you both options and redundancy.
- The shower sump was reworked for more efficiency.
- A Simrad open array radar was installed.
- SoundDown noise reduction padding was added under the carpets for superior sound insulation.
- Engine room fire suppression system was wired to always be active even with the boat is shutdown.
- All external canvas was replaced and a forward sunshade was added making the entire bow including its built in settee, an additional living or entertaining space.
- New dinghy installed, June 2020. North Atlantic Inflatables brand with aluminum hull and inflatable Hypalon tubes. New Tohatsu / 9.9 HP outboard motor with electric start. Total weight (tender and outboard) approximately ~200 pounds. The light weight makes her fast through the water and easier to launch / retrieve.
Cockpit: The cockpit provides an enclosed outdoor space for relaxing with a beverage or enjoying a meal. Open the enclosure for fishing underway or at anchor. Enter the cockpit from the aft swim platform or from either side boarding door. You have hatch access to the lazarette below. There are shore power connections aft and forward and a cockpit shower is built into the transom. The starboard side deck transits from the cockpit to the foredeck. Access to the interior is through her double weather-tight aluminum Diamond SeaGlaze saloon door.
Saloon: The saloon has a comfortable L-shaped Ultra-leather settee to starboard and two Ekornes Stressless chairs to port and a fixed mounted high-low teak table. The interior is bright and contemporary with satin finished cherry and teak and holly floors. An icemaker was added in 2015. New carpeting installed over heavy pad and Sounddown insulation (2019).
Galley: The gourmet galley has been laid out with priorities such as a deep basin Corian sink, purified water tap, GE refrigerator and freezer. There is overhead storage and ample drawers for glasses, dishes, utensils and silverware. For preparing meals there is a convection microwave oven and a Viking four burner propane range and oven. Additional storage to port for pots, pans and glasses.
Pilothouse: The pilothouse offers excellent visibility all around from the Stidd helm chair, with a bench seat behind that pulls out to a full size off watch berth. There is an impressive assortment of Simrad navigation/communication electronics (installed 2017 and 2019) with controls for the bow thruster, engine, and generator. The electrical panel is installed in an easily accessed panel to port with clearly labeled breakers and digital displays. Aluminum Dutch doors open outboard allow access to the side decks. The port door provides entry to the foredeck or aft to the boat deck and flybridge. The starboard door provides access to foredeck or aft to the cockpit.
Owner Stateroom: The owner stateroom features an island queen forward, two hanging lockers to port and starboard with six large drawers under the berth. There are eight drawers in the aft dresser which has a mirror above. Deep storage is available under the berth that lifts easily with a hydraulic support. A flat screen television is mounted aft to starboard.
Engine Room: You can enter by lifting the stairs to the saloon or through a hatch in sole of saloon. The John Deere main engine is clean, reliable and easy to service. The aft section of the engine room has a Northern Lights generator. The aluminum main fuel tanks outboard are plumbed to the main, generator and ESI fuel polisher/transfer system with supply and return lines. The engine room is protected by Fireboy fire suppression system (serviced 2019). Batteries are divided into three banks all replaced in 2019, house bank six Rolls AGM 6V 460AH, engine start two AGM Series 31, and generator start two AGM Series 34. Two Magnum inverter/chargers offer redundancy and faster charging of batteries. The AGS, automatic generator start, (installed 2018) ensures the batteries are charged properly even if the vessel is unattended.
Lazarette: Accessed via the cockpit hatch, provides ample storage space for fenders, cleaning supplies, fishing gear, and dive gear. The 700 gallons per day water maker and steering gear are also located within.
Foredeck: The foredeck on the Krogen 44AE is high off the water making for a dry, comfortable ride. For ground tackle she relies on a Maxwell 2500 hydraulic windlass with chain rode to a Rocna 40 88lb. anchor and a Manson Supreme 80lb. anchor with chain and 300 feet of nylon rode. Chain locker access is through the painted Freeman hatch on deck. Shore power and dock water connections are installed on the foredeck and in the cockpit. New canvas cover for windlass and canvas awning and support added in 2019.
Boat Deck: Proceeding aft from the port side brings you up to the boat deck and flybridge. The boat deck has a mast and boom for launching and retrieving the tender via two wireless controlled Warn electric hoists. All hoisting equipment replaced in 2019 including stainless steel wires and blocks.
Flybridge: Equipped with Stidd helm chair forward, seating to starboard, L-shaped settee to port, two Simrad MFD’s, electronics, stabilizer and windlass controls on the dash, all under the protection of a folding Bimini top. Whether docking, anchoring, or operating the vessel inshore on beautiful days, the flybridge offers commanding views and vessel control that adds to the joy cruising.
Sweet Ride has been lovingly, maintained and upgraded. Service records for all major equipment are dutifully logged aboard and available for your perusal along with invoices for upgrades in 2019.
Detailed maintenance records confirming pride of ownership are available for review by request*.
Exclusions: Owners personal items artwork and tools.
Highlighted equipment aboard Sweet Ride
- Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade female tooling.
- Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook® gel coat. Hand-laid Knytex® fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides. Solid fiberglass below waterline with blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below the waterline, with aramid fiber/FRP reinforcements.
- Superstructure includes end-grain balsa core and Knytex® surface mats for print-through reduction.
- Teak aft and side decks. Boat and fore decks have GripTex® non-skid finish. Bulwark has molded plank lines with gel coat finish.
- Polyurethane formulated marine sealants used at hull-to-deck, boat deck joints and exterior fittings.
- Marine-grade plywood bulkheads with molded fiberglass hat section stringers.
- Interior finished with handcrafted solid Cherry and veneers.
- Viking – 4 burner propane stove/oven
- GE refrigerator/freezer
- Seagull water filtration system
- GE microwave convection oven
- Large Corian sink
- Corian countertops
- Simrad NSO evo2 marine processor unit – embedded Insight Cartography (America)
- OP40 wired remote – controls up to four processors
- (2) MO16-T. 15.6″ widescreen monitors – high definition 136 6x 768 resolution Pilothouse units
- 4G broadband radar for Simrad NSO, NSE and NSS series
- Simrad HALO 4 64-mile open array radar (2019)
- Simrad AP44 autopilot (2019)
- Broadband sounder module (BSM-1)
- Autopilot pack standard VRF with AC42 Comp (high current), RC42 rate compass NMEA2000 network interface
- WR20 remote commander system (wireless control autopilot)
- RPU300US, 12V drive unit complete
- (2) VHF marine radios – RS35, DSC
- (2) ICOM SP-24 remote speakers for the (2) RS35 VHF radios
- VHF W/L handset, HS35, DSC (wireless use of both VHF’s from Flybridge)
- (2) IS40 digital display
- GOFREE WIFI wireless module (Wi-Fi for using an iPad as a remote control and viewing of data on the NSO marine processor unit
- GS25 antenna with built in rate compass. 10 Hz position update rate
- Airmar SS270W’s “wide bean” (extra wide coverage). 1 kW HD digital sounder
- Maretron DSM-250 NMEA 2000 data repeater
- Maretron ALM 100 – 110 DB warning sound system for “out of range” data on NMEA data bus
- Maretron WSO 100 ultrasonic wind and weather
- AMEC (AIS) CLASS “A” transponder
- Personal computer running Coastal Explorer and connected to the auto pilot
- MO16-T. 15.6″ widescreen high bright, multi-touch monitor. High definition 1366 x 768 resolution. 1000 nit brightness
- NSS 12” Chart plotter
- (2) IS40 Digital display
- OP40 Wired remote – controls up to four processors
- 700 GPD Watermakers Inc, water maker (pickled by previous owner 2018)
- KVH M5 Sat TV system (serviced 2019)
- (3) Samsung LCD televisions
- (2) – HDTV Direct-TV Network black box systems to allow two different sat stations on any of the (3) LCD TVs.
- Over-The-Air antenna for local channels in HDTV
- Yamaha receiver, full 5 channel HI-Def surround sound
- Harmony remote to control all entertainment devices
- Custom installation of (6) high end “Kef” speakers includes subwoofer for surround sound
- Pep Wave MAX HD2 ethernet router (2018), connected to an over the air Wi-Fi Rogue system and outside antenna, ethernet router also allows use of 2 SIM cards to use as a whole yacht Wi-Fi system
- Remote controlled spotlight
- Asko clothes washer/dryer – full sized units
- (2) Ekornes leather chairs in saloon
- TV lift system for saloon TV on starboard side
- Full ships air conditioning and heating systems
- ESI fuel polishing system
- 9 kW Northern Lights generator in sound shield (with ceramic coated stainless exhaust elbow 2019)
- Oil change system plumbed to main, transmission and generator
- ABT hydraulics package including TRAC stabilization, hydraulic Maxwell windlass and 15 HP bow thruster
- Forward shore power inlets
- Maretron holding tank monitor
- Twin Magnum inverter/chargers set up for redundancy and high capacity charging
- Remote Racor fuel filtration gauge in pilothouse
- (2) Rudder angle indicators – pilothouse and flybridge
- Custom mast/gooseneck system with two electric hoist winches, wireless control
- LED interior lighting
- LED running lights
- Stidd helm chairs in pilothouse and flybridge
- Maxwell chain counter
- Optional galley window
- Custom butcher block insert in galley counter
- (2) Seagull water purification systems
- Transom mounted blue underwater light
- 88 lb. Rocna anchor – all 3/8″ chain rode primary
- 88 lb. Mason Supreme secondary anchor
- LED deck lights
- Additional “blue” LED deck lights
- Bimini top
- Bow tow eye
- GE convection microwave oven
- U-Line ice maker with custom Cherry enclosure
- Engine room fire suppression system
- EPIRB mounted on flybridge
- Winslow 6-man life raft (repacked Jan 2019, reinstalled in marine canister with cradle)
- Spares for main engine and generator
- Canvas covers outside seating, Bimini, windless, flybridge chair (2019)
- Cockpit enclosure (2018)
- Balmar 270-amp alternator
- Charles isolation transformer with switch for 208V (Boost) or 240V shore power
- Fusion audio system with Sirius XM
- Satellite weather to all four Simrad monitors, (not currently subscribed)
- Stand-alone monitor for rear view camera system
- Explorer Satellite – Sat phone antenna installation and wiring to main helm (2019)
- Headhunter Mach V freshwater pump (2019)
- Whale drain/sump pump (2019)
Detail photos of Sweet Ride were taken in October of 2019 (many more images are available by request- contact the listing broker*). We encourage you to get in touch so we can discuss her in detail and set up an appointment so that you can step aboard and see for yourself. Once you see Sweet Ride in person, we are sure you will appreciate her excellent condition.
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Artwork, tools, handheld navigation gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: This listing is available for co-brokerage and JMYS is a 50/50 house. Courtesy showings are available by appointment. Florida listings subject to appropriate broker licensing required by law.
*Listing broker. Larry Friedman (licensed Florida Yacht broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market and is a past owner of a Krogen 39. Larry has the advantage of being an owner operator with extensive hands-on experience and can help you from the early stages of the search through purchasing and post purchase coaching. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Larry Friedman by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Larry is always available via Mobile +1.317.501.4671 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Larry@JMYS.com.
|YACHT NAME:||Sweet Ride|
|BRAND AND MODEL:||Kadey-Krogen 44AE (Flybridge with Bimini top)|
|TYPE:||Long range passage maker with raised pilothouse|
|HULL COLOR:||White gelcoat|
|REGISTRY:||United States Coast Guard documented|
|BUILDER:||Asia Harbor Yacht Builders Co., Ltd.|
|HULL MATERIAL:||Solid Fiberglass|
|DISPLACEMENT:||43,140 lbs. | 19.56 MT|
|BALLAST:||2,500 lbs. | 1,134 KG (Lead)|
|RANGE:||3,000 miles @ 7 knots|
|SPEED:||Cruise 7.6 knots. Top 9.0 knots|
|LOA:||49′ | 14.93 M|
|LWL:||40′ 11″ | 12.44 M|
|BEAM:||16′ 4″ | 4.98 M|
|DRAFT:||4′ 6″ | 1.37 M|
|Cp:||Prismatic Coefficient .607|
|AIR DRAFT:||25’0″ | 7.62 M to top of antennae (estimate)|
|DECK:||White deck with beige nonskid|
|MAIN ENGINE:||John Deere | 6068 TFM75 |158 HP (Main hours: ~2,785) Nov 2020|
|TRANSMISSION||Twin Disc Model MG5061 | 3.0:1 reduction gear|
|PROPELLER / SHAFT||2″ Aquamet 22 shaft | Four blade propeller 28″ x 24.5″| Spurs line cutter|
|EXHAUST:||Wet exhaust, Centek Vernalift muffler|
|THRUSTER:||TRAC/ABT Hydraulic 15 HP Bow thruster|
|STABILIZATION:||ABT 220 Digital Active Fins|
|ELECTRICAL:||60 Hertz – US style – 50 amp|
|SHORE POWER:||50 amp and 30 amp (fore and aft).|
|GENERATOR:||Northern Lights 9 kW 240V 60Hz (hours: ~1,191 Nov 2020)|
|INVERTER/CHARGER:||(2) Magnum 2800-Watt inverter/charger|
|BATTERIES:||Rolls AGM 1245 AH house bank (all batteries replaced 2019)|
|INTERIOR LIGHTING:||Cantalupi lighting LED|
|WATER MAKER:||Water Makers, Inc., ISL 700 (700 gallons a day)|
|CLIMATE CONTROL:||Cruisair Air Conditioning|
|MACHINERY EQUIPMENT:||Reverso Oil changer|
|WINDLASS:||Maxwell 2500 Hydraulic|
|GROUND TACKLE:||Rocna 40 88 lbs. | 300′ 3/8″ high test chain | Secondary Manson Supreme 40 88 lbs. with 25’ chain, 300’ ½” nylon rode|
|MAST AND BOOM:||Painted aluminum mast and boom for antenna mounting and dinghy lifting|
|TENDER AND OUTBOARD:||10.5’ North Atlantic Inflatables with aluminum hull |Tohatsu 9.9 HP engine (June 2020)|
|NAV/COM BRANDS:||Simrad | B&G | KVH ||
|ENTERTAINMENT:||Samsung flat screen TV in saloon on lift | Samsung flat screen TV in owner | Samsung flat screen in Guest/Office | KEF speakers | Stereo|
|STATEROOMS:||(2) Owner forward, Guest cabin amidships|
|BEDDING:||Custom mattress in Owner|
|HEAD:||Dometic MasterFlush (Electric freshwater)|
|SHOWER:||Single with folding door|
|LAUNDRY:||ASKO separate clothes washer and clothes dryer|
|GALLEY:||Viking professional propane (4) burner stove with propane oven| GE refrigerator| U-Line icemaker |GE Microwave convection oven|
|INTERIOR WOOD:||Cherry – matte, semi-gloss finish|
|INTERIOR COUNTERS:||Corian counters|
|INTERIOR FLOORING:||Teak and spruce hardwood|
|BILGE PUMPS:||Electric standard and electric highwater|
|FUEL:||850 gallons | 3217 L (Aluminum)|
|HOLDING BLACK:||52 gallons | 197 L (Fiberglass)|
|FRESH WATER:||300 gallons | 1136 L (Stainless Steel)|
|ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT:||Stidd helm chairs (Pilothouse and Flybridge) | (2) Man Ship ventilation fans in engine room | (2) Seagull IV water purifiers (Galley and Head) | Dive Compressor in lazarette|
|SAFETY:||Engine room FireBoy fire suppression | Lifesling| EPIRB | Winslow Life raft|
|PHOTO DATE:||Most detail photos were taken in October 2019|
|Note:||All information is believed accurate but should be verified.|