Bulldog Sally is hull number 20, the last Kadey Krogen 58 built to James Krogen’s initial design vison. She features the original pleasing profile and is powered by twin John Deere’s six-cylinder engines. The quality of ride, craftsmanship, and classic trawler attracts many cruisers to the Kadey Krogen designs.
Bulldog Sally’s hull form benefits from a sharp bow entry that cuts effortlessly through the water and follows with her signature wine glass transom. The owner remarks that she performs well in a 6’-8’ following sea gliding through the water, a feature indicative of expert design.
Large stainless-steel staples wrap around a custom oversized swim platform. Significant cockpit space, generous starboard side deck with fortified bulwarks flow to the Portuguese bridge with entry to the foredeck through a robust gate, then curving aft to port to the upper boat deck which connects to the flybridge atop.
From the aft cockpit and through large double doors, the single level saloon and galley create a welcoming entry. Perfect for hosting friends and viewing the scenery while aboard through large windows. There are reclining chairs and a bench settee with an adjustable table for meals. The galley features stainless steel appliances, Granite counter tops and deep cabinets. The forward section of the saloon gives you a choice of taking six steps up to the pilot house, or four steps down to the accommodations deck. In the pilot house, two Stidd helm chairs are mounted before a sophisticated array of navigational and operational equipment. All optimized to provide the most comfortable cruising experience her captain and crew could need. Below on the accommodations deck, an owner cabin with its own head, guest cabin, guest head, and an additional office/guest cabin afford a comfortable layout for a cruising couple and their guests.
The interior features a uniform cherry wood finish. The woodwork is light and beautifully crafted. The cherry and spruce soles and white overhead panels give her a regal feel that compliments the interior décor.
Built with long range continuous-duty travels in mind, Bulldog Sally’s raised pilothouse and twin John Deere engines enable owner operators to run through the night for several days to comfortably complete an ambitious passage. Her three-stateroom, two-head layout is a comfortable floating home that also enjoys safely resting at anchor in style. Shore power is optimized with an ASEA system to allow for international (50/60) power adaptability and convenience
An incredible amount of time, energy and money has been committed to keep Bulldog Sally ready-to-go whenever the motivation to get away beckons.
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT:
Bulldog Sally is set up for one couple to operate and maintain her with the ability to invite another couple (family or guests) to come along. The current owner has done some extensive cruising while single handing her as well. Cloud White (Awlgrip) cap rails wrap around the cockpit and starboard side deck. The widebody layout allows for an efficient walkway connection from the cockpit, past the saloon via the starboard side decks, and up the steps to the Portuguese bridge. The Portuguese bridge makes for a safe outside walkway and features a control station for easy docking. The large foredeck has built-in, forward-facing seating. The ground tackle station forward features the versatile Maxwell hydraulic windlass with appropriate anchors and chain, fed to the chain locker accessible through the Freeman hatch. The boat deck is an excellent space for entertaining and sunbathing on nice days on anchor. There is also a built-in summer kitchen complete with a Sea Star SSBBQ24 grill, sink, freezer, and storage compartment. A dedicated gasoline storage for the tender complete with a 12V pump is fixed between two sitting benches. The flybridge has two helm chairs with an L-Shaped wrap around dinette to port so that several guests may enjoy the ride or take in the view. Bulldog Sally is one of very few Kadey Krogen 58’s that feature a factory-built hardtop on the flybridge. The upper aft deck provides a secure platform for the 13’ Boston Whaler Supersport dinghy (Garmin navigation, custom Bimini, twin fuel tanks). Stainless steel rails separate the main deck from the dinghy platform.
Walking through the double Diamond SeaGlaze weather tight doors from the cockpit and entering the living spaces you will immediately notice the vibrant hue of the cherry wood which blends with beige carpeting over the wood sole and white overhead panels. There are large windows in the saloon that do a great job of inviting natural light. The galley flows well to facilitate cooking and preparing meals with a Dutch door that connects outside to the starboard deck.
Bulldog Sally is configured in the three-stateroom layout. One unique feature is its use of a guest stateroom to also serve as an office space. An L-shaped settee and built-in desk provides an optional workspace and sleep space for guests. The guest stateroom to starboard contains a queen-sized berth with storage spaces and a head/shower attached forward. This guest head is also accessed through the hallway. The owner’s stateroom is under the foredeck boasting a large island queen berth and private head/shower. There are two large machinery areas beneath the sole of the lower level and the engine room is easy to enter with a path between the two engines and two generators. This center channel in the engine room extends aft to the lazarette.
Entering the saloon through double Diamond SeaGlaze doors that have glass viewing windows, you arrive into a bright and welcoming area with seating, dining and entertainment features. There are two Ekornes chairs with ottomans to port with a coffee table between them. An L-shaped settee to starboard wrapped in tan leather. The saloon dinette table is hand crafted teak and can be adjusted to serve from two to eight guests. Hidden away is a flat screen television with a lift to port. The flooring is of teak and spruce, protected by a tasteful gray carpet. Windows feature custom Italian made shades.
- Overhead lights
- Retractable bug screen for rear doors
- L- settee to starboard with tan Ultraleather cushions
- (2) Ekornes style chairs on port side with ottomans
- Forward area with shelves and drawers
- Custom window shades
- Overhead handrails
- Teak dinette table – high low, with leaves
- Carpet over spruce and teak sole
- Hidden flat screen television on a lift – port side
- Bose Livestyle V35 system
- Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-Ray Disc Player
- (2) – Bose Lifestyle SA-3 Stereo Amp
- (2) – Bose Lifestyle Personal Music Center Remote
Forward to starboard is a prominent galley. The sprawling Granite counter surfaces are wide and trimmed with fiddles. Primary appliances include garbage disposal, house-sized refrigerator, Viking LPG four burner stove, microwave convection oven, trash compactor and dish washer. There is an all-weather Dutch-door that opens to the starboard side deck. Ample lockers and drawers for the traditional galley necessities. A buffet opposite the galley houses an ice maker and additional storage.
- Seagull IV freshwater tap
- GE garbage disposal
- Kitchen Aide trash compactor
- Shelves above with lockers below
- Granite counter tops
- Separate Icerette icemaker across from galley
- Jenn-Aire double door refrigerator with lower pull-out freezer drawer – brushed stainless steel
- GE Microwave convection oven
- Viking LPG 4 burner cooktop
- GE dishwasher
- Double basin stainless steel sink
- Trident LPG Gas control panel
Four steps down from the entry level and to port, you arrive in a very wide space that is set up to be a workplace on the go. It also serves as an additional stateroom if required. The area features a modest workspace with a desk area and desk chair. A settee lines the hull wall to port. Smartly added lockers and drawers provide additional storage. There are also shelves for books and an opening portlight.
- Spacious desktop
- Settee for sitting and sleeping wrapped in tan Ultra Leather
- Bookshelves for books and other items
Connecting the living area is a straight hallway that runs from the engine room door up to the owner stateroom. The hallway features a generous width that is easy to traverse. The sole is cherry and spruce and there are two substantial machinery spaces below deck. The mid machinery space includes air conditioning, fresh water, water tank, batteries, inverters, and stabilizers. The separate clothes washer and clothes dryer laundry appliances are built in on the port side.
- Asko clothes washer (replaced 2021)
- Asko clothes dryer
- Access to the aft belowdecks machinery space
The engine room has been laid out and designed with the owner/operator in mind. A workbench to starboard on entry lends just enough space for most DIY projects. The engine room’s depth and width afford the ability to see, inspect and service the machinery and equipment. The twin John Deere 6068TFM75, 158 HP engines are nested on both sides of center. Four aluminum fuel tanks. Two Northern Lights generators. The fuel manifolds are forward for ease of access and operation. This is an engine room that is easily managed.
- Engine room floor with removable sole panels
- Fuel manifolds with transfer, supply and return manifolds serving all fuel tanks
- Reverso fuel transfer polishing/boost pump with separate Racor filter
- Fireboy automatic fire suppression
- Groco bronze strainers
- Reverso oil transfer pump
- (2) John Deere 6068TFM75, 154 HP engines
- ZF Marine transmissions with a 2.91:1 ratio
- Main engines have double Racor fuel filters
- 2” stainless steel shafts
- Electronic controls for pilothouse, flybridge and Portuguese bridge operation
- Generator: 12kW Northern Lights with duplex Racor fuel filters
- Generator: 20kW Northern Lights with duplex Racor fuel filters
- Deluxe hydraulic system by American Bow Thruster including: 25 HP bow thruster with two control stations and operated with proportional controls
- Bilge pumps for below deck areas
- Tides shaft seals (dripless)
- Four blade propellers with line cutters
- ABT TRAC active fin stabilizers
Entrance to the lazarette can be found through a center floor hatch in the cockpit. Dropping down a short ladder, you will find maintenance access to the ships rudders machinery, storage, and a compressed air system. In the lazarette and facing forward, a hinged dogged door opens into the ship’s engine room. There are two Glendinning reels for shore power to starboard. The twin rudders feature hydraulic steering rams that run along the aft section. A trawlers lazarette is often referred to its “garage”.
- Hydraulic steering mounted along aft transom
- Autopilot pumps – standard and back up
- Rod holders for fishing rods
- Emergency tiller for back up steering
- Hurricane II hydronic heating system
- Step ladder to cockpit
- Ample storage to both port and starboard sides
- Storage for oil
- Shore power breakers
- (2) Glendinning power retracting reels for shore power cords
- Air compressor with twin tanks and two hookups
The starboard stateroom has a queen-sized berth. Drawers under the bed and a large hanging locker forward. Two opening port lights provide an optional breeze and natural light. There is plenty of storage and easy access to the ensuite head and shower.
- Queen size berth
- Large hanging locker
- Drawers and cabinets for storage
- (2) Port lights
- Access to guest head
- Berth lifts for storage
The guest head is accessed from both the hallway, and guest stateroom. Its toilet is a freshwater flushing Dometic by Sealand. Stainless steel glides provide smooth operation to the drawers. The counter tops are granite. The separate enclosed shower grants plenty of elbow room for comfortable use.
- Cherry panels and cabinetry
- Dometic freshwater head
- Shower exhaust blower
- Mirrored cherry medicine cabinet
- Chrome fixtures in sink and shower
- Shower: molded fiberglass with seat
- Bifold shower door.
- Granite countertop
At the forward end of the hallway, you reach the owner suite which houses its own private head. Four rectangular portlights line the interior walls. Two to each side. The interior portlights have been modified and enlarged for more light access and airflow. Port and starboard of the bed is a built-in changing seat and aft to port is a head with shower. A large mirror rests above a built-in chest of drawers. Storage opportunity is something most boat owners find lacking on their vessels. Not aboard Bulldog Sally though. There is an incredible amount of storage for clothes with drawers and hanging lockers. The owner machinery space has access to the forward bow thruster chamber and includes the water maker, deck wash and holding tank, black water equipment and more.
- Memory foam mattress
- Large dresser with counter, drawers, and mirror
- (2) Large hanging lockers
- Under bed storage
- Smaller lockers to each side for additional storage
- Overhead hatches
- (4) enlarged rectangular portlights
- There is a large sole hatch to enter the machinery space beneath with access to the Viper vacuum, Village Marine water maker, hydraulic bow thruster and more.
This is a convenient and private head with stand-up shower and sink. It is finished with varnished cherry (an upgrade from the standard gelcoat) and includes mirrored medicine cabinet and lockers.
- Granite countertop
- Shower: Molded fiberglass, with bi-fold door
- Cherry paneling and cabinetry with lockers and drawers
- Mirrored cherry medicine cabinet
- Dometic freshwater head
- Shower exhaust blower
- (1) port light behind sink and (1) in shower
The pilothouse on the Kadey Krogen 58 is one of this vessels most attractive features. Bulldog Sally sets the bar even higher with an impressive array of electronics and equipment. Large windows forward, on the sides and aft provide near 360-degree visibility gives you a view perspective unequalled on other trawlers. This space is planned for underway operations and the gorgeous cherry joinery blends in with the luxurious feel of the living areas below. Aft of the helm is an L-settee with table. Both pilothouse doors are heavy weather Dutch doors. The twin Stidd helm chairs offer a platform for both captain and first mate to equally enjoy the journey ahead. Hatches have also been added to the pilothouse floor to afford additional storage options.
- ZF Micro-Controllers – single lever, dual control engine shifts
- (2) John Deere main engine panels
- ABT TRAC active fin stabilizers
- ABT hydraulic controls for bow thruster
- PCM Dutch doors to port and starboard allow you to enjoy natural cross ventilation at anchor or while underway
- Overhead hatch
- Gloss varnished cherry table
- (2) Stidd helm chairs
- Cushioned L-settee with Ultraleather covering
- Dual Trumpet Kahlenberg horns
- Clock, Barometer and Thermometer (Weems and Plath)
- Red overhead lights for night running
- Custom cherry destroyer steering wheel
- (2) – 19″ Hatteland Series X touch screen industrial display monitors
- (2) – Furuno TZ Touch Black Box Color LCD Plotter units
- Furuno GP330 B GPS/WAAS NMEA 2000 Sensor unit
- Furuno 12 kW, 72 mile 6′ UHD Digital Radar array for NavNet 3D
- Furuno 6 kW, 64 mile, 4′ UHD Digital Radar Array for NavNet 3D
- Furuno PSU012 Radar Power Supply
- Furuno NavPilot 700 Autopilot
- Furuno Adjustable Flow Autopilot Pump (1.6-2.9 ci per second)
- Furuno NavPilot 700 Display
- (2) – ICOM, 25-watt VHF Marine Radios with 30 watt hailers
- Furuno RD33 Digital Display
- Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator with 4.3″ Color LCD
- Furuno DFF1 Network Sounder with Furuno digital filtering (NavNet1 and VX2)
- Mar-Wind Ultrasonic Wind/Weather system
- Furuno Dedicated InterSwitch Hub for NavNet 3D
- Furuno NMEA 2000-0183 Port Interface
- Furuno BBWX3 Weather Receiver
- Furuno AIS Transponder with display Class A
- Furuno PG500R Rate Compensated Heading Sensor
- Carlisle & Finch spotlight control
- Ritchie Compass
- ICOM SSB System 150 watt with 16′ antenna
- ICOM AT140 Antenna Tuner
- FLIR Thermal Imager and Low Light Camera
- (2) – DeckScan 20/20VZD waterproof Variable Zoom – Color Day/Night Cameras
- (2) – DeckScan 20/20FW waterproof fixed wide angle color Day/Night Cameras
- (4) – Extron 1X2 composite video cameras
- (2) – Extron 1X4 composite video switches
- 17° LCD CCTV Display Color Quad camera processor and switcher
- Windshield wipers with freshwater wash
- GOST Phantom Systems – 64 Zone Head Unit with GSM Quad Band Cellular informational system
- GOST Phantom Systems – GMM-Nav-Tracker SAT/GPS tracking device
- Color Quad IR remote pickup and extender
- Iridium 9575 portable Satellite Phone (in to-go-kit)
- WAV EC-HP HotSpot amplifier
- (2) – Pakedge WAP-C3N high throughput wireless access points
- Allied Telesis switch with 4 ports
- HyperLink POE Injector/Picker
- Wilson Electronics Dual Band Amplifier
- Panel Interior Directional antenna
- Com-Cell8 AC16 B|8 Dual Band Cellular
- Delta OffAir TV antenna
- Pakedge/Fortinet Audio Video bridging network router
- Furuno JAS-LC1-FFU – Full Follow up Lever Controller
- ChartPAK – East charting system
- Samsung ATSC-NTSC HDTV
- Fusion MS-IP700 Marine Sirius ready head-end
- Fusion Sirius Receiver
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- Maretron DSM250-01 color display
- Maxwell anchor chain counter and deployment and retrieval control
- Argonaut Computer and display
- Yacht Controller – engine and thruster controls
- Element TLEFW 19.5” flat screen television
UPPER DECK AND BOAT DECK
Walking along the port side of the pilothouse you head aft up some steps to the sun deck level. You are immediately greeted by the ship’s summer kitchen. Outfitted with a BBQ, fridge, freezer, and sink. The stainless railing offers protection and has canvas weather cloths for privacy. All the way aft is a fenced off area for the ships tender and powered dinghy davit crane. The dinghy rests on cradles and has tie downs. From this deck level you can go up a couple of steps to the flybridge. A 2013 Boston Whaler 13’ Supersport rests on chocks to aft and lifted with a Steelhead marine crane.
- Non-skid sole
- Summer Kitchen
- SeaStar Stainless BBQ
- Steelhead Marine ES250 crane
- Dedicated 40-gallon gasoline storage with electric dispensing pump
- Tall stainless railing
- 2013 Boston Whaler 13’ Supersport
- Custom Bimini with full cover
- Garmin chartplotter
- Mercury 40 HP 4-stroke
- Tender chocks and tie downs
- Safety gate to after platform
- Sealed propane locker forward to starboard
- Storage door access to voluminous storage under flybridge.
The flybridge arguably is the best seat in the house while underway. Its high vantage point offers unparalleled views of the surrounding waterway. The helm is ergonomically designed so that all the monitors, gauges, switches, controls, and sightlines are clear. Enjoy operating from one of two helm chairs (co-captains). The factory hardtop shelters all from weather and sun. There is an L shaped cushioned settee to port with a fiberglass table. Climbing a short ladder, one gains access to the roof of the flybridge hardtop. An assortment of electronics are mounted, as well as two 120W solar panels, Forward of the flybridge is an additional 120W panel.
- (2) Stidd helm chairs
- L shaped settee with cushions
- Fiberglass table
- Furuno TZ Touch 14.1″ Color LCD Plotter
- Furuno GP330B GPS/WAAS NMEA 2000 Sensor
- (2) – ICOM 25-watt VHF with 30-watt Hailer
- Furuno NavPilot 700 autopilot
- Furuno RD33 digital display
- Ritchie compass
- 360 watts of solar power from (3) panels
- Carlisle and Finch spotlight with controls
- Maxwell windlass control
PORTUGUESE BRIDGE DECK
Forward of the pilothouse is a protected “walking well” where you can safely admire the sweeping ocean views and have protection from Mother Oceans’ occasional tantrums. There is a remote docking station outboard to starboard and storage lockers just forward of the pilothouse well sealed pilothouse windows.
- Large storage lockers just forward of the front pilothouse windows
- Wing “docking” station to starboard
- Center dual doorway walkthrough to foredeck
You can reach the foredeck from the center access provided in the Portuguese bridge. A hydraulic Maxwell 3500 windlass stands at the ready. Rest easy on anchor with the ability to deploy either a Super Max anchor, or Rocna. Having the option for two makes for adaptable anchoring. There are also two large dock boxes for storage that have cushions for seating. There is a shore power connection to starboard. The cap rail has been painted over with gray Awlgrip for ease of maintenance.
- Hydraulic Maxwell 3500 windlasses (2) gypsies and (1) warping winch
- Windlass has foot buttons on deck and digital counter in pilothouse
- Port – Super Max 22” (80lb.) anchor with a 100’ chain and 300’ of nylon rode
- Starboard – Rocna 154lb. plow anchor with 500’ of chain
- Pacer hydraulic high flow saltwater pump with two jets focused to spray on both anchor chains while being raised
- Shore power inlet connections on starboard side (50 Amp Each)– for house and air conditioning
- (2) fiberglass deck boxes for storage with seat cushions
- (2) Ventilation hatches for owners’ cabin
- (1) 18” Freeman hatch for access to chain locker
SWIM STEP and COCKPIT
A custom oversized fiberglass swim step with stainless U-rails allows for a spacious deck to arrive by dinghy or jump in for a swim. A deployable swim ladder gives ease of entry onto the swim platform. You can enter the cockpit from the transom boarding door, port side boarding door or starboard amidship boarding door. This area is fitted with teak decking. The cockpit area is covered overhead. To starboard is a built-in console with sink, barbeque, and drawers. The lazarette beneath houses steering control and has plenty of room to stow gear.
- Custom made oversized swim platform
- (2) Aqualuma underwater lights
- Starboard wind door
- The aft cockpit area has a teak sole that extends along the starboard side deck
- PVC deck furniture painted to match exterior accents
- There is a large console forward to starboard with a sink, drawers, and cabinets
- Lazarette storage space below deck with access for steering
- Freshwater hot and cold shower
- Deployable swim ladder
- (2) Glendinning shore power retrievers for 50-Amp shore cords
- Mounted floating throw-ring
- Ships bell
- Rod holders
- Flopper Stopper stabilizer booms
SAFETY – General
- USCG safety package
- Fireboy auto/manual engine room fire suppression system
- (5) Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Kahlenberg air horn
- Engine room high water bilge alarm
- Back up bilge water float switches
- Smoke detectors
- Mechanical spares
- Nexis carbon monoxide detectors in all cabins
- Winslow Liferaft
- (2) ACR EPIRBs
- FLIR vision
ADDITIONAL BROKER COMMENTS:
Bulldog Sally is a US Coast Guard Documented vessel. The Krogen 58 is the flag ship and largest model in the production line for the builder, who has been supplying cruising yachts for over forty years. Approximately two dozen Kadey Krogen 58’s have been crafted. This vessel is well known in the cruising community. Kadey Krogen proclaims their models are “At home on any sea”. Whether on anchor, or cruising overnight, Bulldog Sally is sure to provide the comfort and security that experienced cruiser demand. Her ride quality is her most noticeable feature while underway. Bulldog Sally will go to a loving home where she will provide her new owners with the opportunity to see the world’s many wonders.
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. The owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers and recreational tugs. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: Bulldog Sally is available for Co-Brokerage, please call to discuss special listing arrangements in place.
This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission