Miller Time is an actively cruised trawler that is truly ready-to go. The current owners decided to work aboard and go out cruising – as a fun way to ease into retirement. After a reasonable search they settled on the Kadey Krogen 58 as their preferred trawler model.
Purchased in 2017, Miller Time immediately went into a Fort Lauderdale, Florida shipyard to have deck hardware removed and the exterior painted. That was the start of what has continued to be an outstanding series of improvements to make this vessel better while proudly being cruised. The owners have ventured along the US eastern seaboard cruising from Maine to the Florida Keys, as well as enjoying vacations in the Bahamas. Miller Time has provided an ideal platform to complete the transition from careers to retirement. It is now time for the owners to seek new adventures ashore with family and grandchildren.
Miller Time is hull number 5 of the largest Kadey Krogen model. Robustly constructed, she is smooth through the water with her fine bow entry slicing into the seas for a soft ride, and her wine glass transom leaving a minimal wake trailing behind.
On deck she is easy to get around with a large swim platform, substantial cockpit, good starboard side deck with high bulwarks continuing to the Portuguese bridge with entry through a gate to the foredeck or curving aft to port to the upper patio/boat deck which connects to the flybridge atop.
Inside, the saloon and galley create a welcoming entry level with excellent views of your surroundings through large windows. There are reclining chairs and a bench settee with an adjustable table for meals. The galley has been upgraded with several new appliances including a Blue Star propane stove top and oven. The forward section of the entry gives you a choice of heading up or down. Up to the sumptuous pilothouse with Stidd helm chair, well placed nav/com with a raised bench seat and table behind. The other option is to head down to the accommodations deck which begins with the open office (and access to the engine room) and includes a guest stateroom with head/shower to starboard and continues forward to the owner cabin with head/shower.
The interior has a uniform cherry wood finish with carpeting and window blinds. The woodwork is light and beautifully crafted. The parquet soles and white overhead panels give her a regal feel that compliments the interior décor.
Capable of long range continuous-duty travel, her raised pilothouse and twin John Deere engines enable owner operators to run through the night for several days to comfortably complete an ambitious passage. Her two-stateroom, two-head layout is a comfortable floating home that also enjoys safely resting at anchor in style. An incredible amount of time, energy and money have been extended to keep Miller Time ready-to-go whenever the motivation to get away beckons.
You may have guessed correctly that the owners last name is Miller. To them, their boat name conjures up a familiar ditty for a popular beer from days gone by, “When it’s time to relax…it’s Miller Time”
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT:
Miller Time is set up for one couple to operate and maintain her with the ability to invite another couple (family or guests) to come along. The aft outside deck (cockpit and starboard side deck) are lined with teak and the widebody arrangement allows for a comfortable walkway connection from the cockpit, past the saloon and up the steps to the Portuguese bridge. The foredeck has built in seating facing the bow and a ground tackle station forward which collects the anchor chain under the Freeman hatch. The upper aft deck has tall stainless steel safety rails that run across the deck to fence off the dinghy and crane zone. The upper patio deck is a place for sunning when the weather allows and the flybridge has two helm chairs facing the helm and instruments and an aft facing dinette so several people can enjoy the ride or take in the view protected beneath the overhead Bimini.
Entering the living spaces through the cockpit you immediately appreciate the beautiful hue of the cherry wood which blends with carpeting over the wood sole and white overhead panels. There are large windows in the saloon and the galley has a great set up for cooking and preparing meals with a door that connects outside to the starboard deck.
Miller Time is configured in the “Open Office” arrangement which dedicates a stateroom sized space for an office with a desk area that includes counter space, lockers and drawers. The guest stateroom to starboard contains two single berths with storage spaces and a private head/shower attached forward. The owner stateroom is under the foredeck boasting a large island berth and private head/shower. There are two large machinery areas beneath the sole of the lower level and the engine room is easy to enter with a path between the two engines and two generators. This center channel in the engine room extends aft to the lazarette.
Entering the saloon through French doors that have glass viewing windows, you arrive into a social area with seating, dining and entertainment. There are two Ekornes chairs with ottomans to port with a custom glass octopus table. L-shaped settee to starboard. The saloon table can be adjusted to serve from two to eight guests. There is a flat screen television with a lift to port. The flooring is carpeted. Windows have screens, valances, and blinds.
- L- settee to starboard with Ultraleather cushions
- (2) Ekornes style chairs on port side with ottomans
- Custom octopus table with round glass top
- Over head hand rails
- Teak dinette table – high low, with leaves
- Carpet over parquet sole
- Flat screen television on a lift – port side
- Forward area with shelves and drawers
- Cloth window shades
- Overhead lights
- Retractable bug screen for rear doors
Forward to starboard is an impressive sea-going galley. The expansive Corian counter surfaces are wide and trimmed with fiddles. There is a Dutch-door that opens to the starboard side deck (with bug screen). Plenty of lockers and drawers for the traditional galley necessities. Primary appliances include garbage disposal, house-sized refrigerator, upgraded BlueStar LPG four burner stove, microwave convection oven, trash compactor and dish washer.
- LG double door refrigerator with lower pull-out freezer drawer – brushed stainless steel
- Separate Icerette icemaker across from galley
- GE Microwave convection oven
- BlueStar LPG 4 burner cooktop
- Miele dishwasher
- Double basin stainless steel sink
- Seagull IV fresh water tap
- Garbage disposal
- GE Monogram trash compactor
- Shelves above with lockers below
- Corian counter tops
- DeLonghi coffee expresso machine
- Trident LPG Gas control panel
A few steps down from the entry level and you arrive in a very wide space that is set up to be a work place on the go. This prominent area is what designates this layout as the Open Office. The area features a full-size work space with a desk area and desk chair. Surface area for spreading out is immense and you can tuck things away into the lockers and drawers. There are also shelves for books and an opening portlight.
- Spacious desktop with office chair
- Chart area with drawers
- Bookshelves for books and other items
Connecting the living area is a straight hallway that runs from the engine room door up to the owner stateroom. The hallway is wide and spacious, easy to transit. The sole is parquet and there are two substantial machinery spaces below deck. The office machinery space includes air conditioning, fresh water, water tank, batteries, inverters, stabilizers and more. The owner machinery space has access to the forward bow thruster chamber and includes the water maker, deck wash and holding tank, black water equipment. The separate clothes washer and clothes dryer laundry appliances are built in on the port side.
- Bosch clothes washer (800 Series)
- Bosch clothes dryer (800 Series)
- Access to the forward belowdecks utility space
- Access to the aft belowdecks machinery space
The engine room is a stretched, broad area with a workbench on entry and the ability to see, inspect and service the machinery and equipment. This access is important so that you can keep in touch with the pulse of your ship. The twin John Deere 6068TFM50, 154 HP engines sit beautifully on both sides of center with the shrouded exhaust traveling aft before exiting through the wet exhaust. Four aluminum fuel tanks. Two Northern Lights generators. The fuel manifolds are forward for easy access and manipulation. This is an engine room that is easy to manage.
- (2) John Deere 6068TFM50, 154 HP engines
- Twin Disc transmissions with 2.88 to 1 reduction ratios
- Main engines have double Racor fuel filters
- 2” stainless steel shafts
- Tides shaft seals (dripless)
- Three blade propellers with line cutters
- Electronic controls with pilothouse and flybridge operation and starboard Portuguese bridge station
- Generator: 8kW Northern Lights with duplex Racor fuel filters
- Generator: 20kW Northern Lights with duplex Racor fuel filters
- Deluxe hydraulic system by American Bow Thruster including: 25 HP bow thruster with two control stations and operated with proportional controls
- Bilge pumps for below deck areas
- ABT TRAC active fin stabilizers
- Engine room floor with lift up sole panels
- Fuel manifolds with transfer, supply and return manifolds serving all fuel tanks
- Reverso fuel transfer polishing/boost pump with separate Racor filter
- Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher
- Sealand vacuum pump for head
- Back up vacuum “S” pump for the toilet system
- Groco bronze strainers
- Reverso oil transfer pump
The lazarette includes the space beneath the cockpit. There is a large hatch that hinges open to access a short step ladder for entry. You can also reach the lazarette via the rugged, dogged door that connects to the engine room. There are two Glendinning reels for shore power to starboard. The twin rudders with hydraulic steering rams run along the aft section. There are provisions for storing spare parts and supplemental machinery oil.
- Step ladder to cockpit
- (2) Glendinning power retracting reels for shore power cords
- Hydraulic steering mounted along aft transom
- Ample storage to both port and starboard sides
- Underwater lights
- Storage for oil
- Emergency tiller for back up steering
The starboard stateroom has two single berths separated by an open center passage. Drawers under the beds and a large hanging locker forward. Two opening port lights. There is plenty of storage and easy access to the en-suite head and shower.
- Two single berths
- Large hanging locker
- Drawers and cabinets for storage
- (2) Port lights
- Shower: molded fiberglass with seat
- Bifold shower door.
- Cherry panels and cabinetry
- Mirrored cherry medicine cabinet
- Electric shower drain
- Chrome fixtures in sink and shower
- Tecma fresh water head
- Shower exhaust blower
- Corian countertop
At the forward end of the hallway, you reach the owner suite (head/shower and large bed). This forward center beam location is away from the guest spaces and focuses on a large island berth. The owner bed features a custom inner spring mattress. Outboard to each side of the bed is a built-in changing seat and aft to port is a head with shower. There is a bank of drawers bureau with mirror above. There is an incredible amount of storage for clothes with drawers and hanging lockers.
- Select Comfort adjustable queen size bed with two remote controls (one for each side)
- Large dresser with counter, drawers and mirror
- (2) Large hanging lockers
- Smaller lockers to each side for additional storage
- Overhead hatches
- (4) rectangular portlights
This is a convenient and private head with stand-up shower and sink. It is finished with varnished cherry (an upgrade from the standard gelcoat) and includes mirrored medicine cabinet and lockers.
- Corian countertop
- Shower: Molded fiberglass, with bi-fold door
- Cherry paneling and cabinetry with lockers and drawers
- Mirrored cherry medicine cabinet
- Tecma fresh water head
- Shower exhaust blower
- (1) port light behind sink and (1) in shower
The pilothouse on the Kadey Krogen 58 is one of this vessels’ most attractive features. Near 360-degree visibility gives you a view perspective unequalled on other trawlers. This space is planned for underway operations and the gorgeous cherry joinery blends in with the luxurious feel of the living areas below. The display mounting surface areas are varnished cherry which are wonderfully outfitted with marine electronics featuring large screen displays and redundant marine navigation. Aft of the helm is an L-settee. Both pilothouse doors are heavy weather Dutch doors.
- ZF Micro-Controllers – single lever, dual control engine shifts
- (2) John Deere main engine panels
- ABT TRAC active fin stabilizers
- ABT hydraulic controls for bow thruster
- PCM Dutch doors to port and starboard allow you to enjoy natural cross ventilation at anchor or while underway
- Overhead hatch
- Gloss varnished cherry table
- Stidd helm chair
- Cushioned L-settee with Ultraleather covering
- Dual Trumpet Kahlenberg horns
- Clock and Barometer
- Red overhead lights for night running
- Stainless destroyer steering wheel
- (2) Garmin 8617 Multifunction Displays (GPS chartplotter/ radar/ sonar)
- Garmin Autopilot
- (2) Icom IC-M506 VHF
- Garmin Fishfinder 400 C Color Fishfinder
- Garmin GNX Anemometer
- Garmin GNX Multifunction display
- Raymarine ST60 Wind-Inoperable
- Danforth constellation compass
- Windshield wipers
UPPER SUN DECK AND BOAT DECK
Walking along the port side of the pilothouse you head aft up some steps to the sun deck level. The stainless railing offer protection has canvas weather cloths for privacy. All the way aft is a fenced off area for the ships tender and powered dinghy davit crane. The dinghy rests on cradles and has tie downs. The gate in the fence secures this aft section and there is a notch in the railing for resting the mast when you need to lower it for bridges or tight clearances. The sun deck portion has an open air deck with two teak loungers. From this deck level you can go up a couple of steps to the flybridge.
- Non-skid sole
- Tall stainless railing with weather cloths
- 2004 AB Inflatables 365 VST – 12’6”
- Yamaha 40 HP 4-stroke
- Tender chocks and tie downs
- Gate to boat deck
- (2) teak lounge chairs with foot rest
- Sealed propane locker forward to starboard
- Viking RescYou life raft -3 yrs. old (Needs inspection this year)
- Hinged aluminum radar mast
- Storage door access to voluminous storage under flybridge.
- Portable Aluminum Marquip Ladder for Portuguese bridge exit/entry from Fixed Docks
The flybridge is a few easy steps up from the boat deck and provides a commanding view. The helm is ergonomically designed so that all the monitors, gauges, switches, controls and sightlines are clear. Enjoy operating from one of two helm chairs (co-captains). A folding Bimini top provides shade and weather cover. There is an L shaped cushioned settee to port with a fiberglass table.
- Raised fiberglass construction with helm to starboard
- (2) helm chairs
- L-settee with cushions
- Fiberglass table
- Winch for mast lowering assist
- Navy blue Sunbrella with stainless steel frame
- Dedicated locker on the flybridge with two aluminum propane tanks
- Garmin GPSMAP 7612 (GPS chartplotter/ radar/ sonar)
- Garmin Autopilot
- Uniden VHF
- Danforth Constellation Compass
- Garmin 600 AIS Class B
- American bow thruster controller
- ACR spotlight control- Inoperable
- Raymarine ST60 Depth and Speed- Inoperable
- Raymarine ST60 Wind- Inoperable
PORTUGUESE BRIDGE DECK
Forward of the wheelhouse is a protected “walking well” where you can safely admire the sweeping ocean views and have protection from over-splash of unruly seas. There is a remote docking station outboard to starboard and storage lockers just forward of the pilothouse windows.
- Large storage lockers just forward of the front pilothouse windows
- Wing “docking” station to starboard
- Center dual doorway walkthrough to foredeck
- Note: SIMRAD Rudder control is inoperable
You can reach the foredeck from the center access provided in the Portuguese bridge. (2) Hydraulic Maxwell 3500 windlasses and (1) Hydraulic 3500 capstan are on the bow. There are also two large dock boxes for storage that have cushions for seating. There is a shore power connection to starboard. The cap rail has been painted over with gray Awlgrip for ease of maintenance.
- (2) Hydraulic Maxwell 3500 windlasses and (1) hydraulic 3500 capstan
- Windlass has foot buttons on deck and digital counter in pilothouse
- Port – Galvanized Rocna anchor of approximately 70 kg with a 300’ chain and no rode
- Starboard – Stainless steel 100 lb. plow anchor with 150’ of chain and 200’ of rode
- Fresh water spigot for wash-down
- Shore power inlet connections on starboard side (50 Amp Each)– for house and air conditioning
- (2) fiberglass deck boxes for storage with seat cushions
- (2) Ventilation hatches for owners cabin
- (1) 18” Freeman hatch for access to chain locker
SWIM STEP and COCKPIT
A fiberglass swim step with stainless U-rails allows for a spacious deck to arrive by dinghy or jump in for a swim. You can enter the cockpit from the transom boarding door, port side boarding door or starboard amidship boarding door. This area is fitted with teak decking. The cockpit area is covered overhead. To starboard is a built-in console with sink, barbeque, and drawers. The lazarette beneath houses steering control and has plenty of room to stow gear.
- Swim platform with staples for watersports and boarding safety
- The aft cockpit area has a teak sole
- Teak table with four teak folding chairs
- There is a large console forward to starboard with a sink, drawers, and cabinets
- Kenyon electric grill mounted in console
- Lazarette storage space below deck with access for steering
- Freshwater hot and cold shower
- (2) Glendinning shore power retrievers for 50-Amp shore cords
- Mounted floating throw-ring
- Ships bell
SAFETY – General
- USCG safety package
- Fireboy auto/manual engine room fire suppression system
- (5) Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Kahlenberg air horn
- Engine room high water bilge alarm
- Back up bilge water float switches
- Smoke detectors
- Nest carbon monoxide detectors
- Lifesling in cannister
ADDITIONAL BROKER COMMENTS:
Miller Time is a US Coast Guard Documented vessel. The Krogen 58 is the flag ship and largest model in the production line for the builder, who has been supplying cruising yachts for over forty years. Approximately two dozen Kadey Krogen 58’s have been crafted and if the owners aren’t living aboard, they are enjoying several months of cruising each year. If you want to cross oceans economically or gunkhole along the coastlines closer to shore, this model will favorably compare with other full displacement long range production series trawlers like Selene and Nordhavn. Kadey Krogen proclaims their models are “At home on any sea”. You will learn this is a justified claim when you are able to get aboard to the flow of the layout and appreciate the quality construction, precision craftsmanship and priority of access for serviceability. The motion underway is outstanding, yielding a smooth, quiet and stable ride that thrives offshore. Miller Time has been a priority for her owners who are always working on some project to make her better, thus helping improve her appeal and resale value.
For additional information please visit Miller Time’s website: www.Krogen58ForSale.com
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers and recreational tugs. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: Miller Time is available for Co-Brokerage.
This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission
*Listing broker Jeff Merrill (Licensed California and Florida Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Jeff Merrill by phone, text, or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Jeff is always available via Mobile +1 949.355.4950 (call or text). You can send a detailed email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.