IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ACQUIRE A SISTERSHIP, PLEASE CONTACT THE JMYS TEAM DIRECTLY.
Sundance is hull number 20 out of 24 of the famous, purpose built, Nordhavn 35. She is a friendly reminder of why boating enthusiasts began to even consider cruising – to get out on the water with that special someone and enjoy the world’s spoils.
She is both light and airy, while also robust and stout. The Nordhavn 35 was built with the sole intention of giving a couple a large enough vessel to remain comfortable while on the water, and small enough for a crew of two to manage with absolute ease. This trawler would help avoid some of the “conversations” that many cruising couples may experience with a larger, more complicated vessel.
Sundance currently resides just outside of historic Charleston, SC, where she is cruised locally and loved, but longing to stretch her legs. Her current owners have heard her calls and have placed her up for sale to allow someone else a turn to explore coastal travel.
ACCOMMODATIONS and LAYOUT:
Approaching Sundance, you will recognize her Nordhavn pedigree. The 35 is the smallest trawler Nordhavn ever built and one of the most coveted.
Sundance spent a great portion of her life in the fresh waters of the Great Lakes. Several years ago, her current owner brought her down the Atlantic seaboard to home port near Charleston.
Sundance is boarded from the swim platform, starboard hull door or port lifeline gate. The swim platform has a hot cold fresh water cockpit shower and a stainless swim ladder. Once in the cockpit, you will appreciate the coverage overhead and the amount of cockpit deck space. There are cockpit lockers aft, hatch access to the lazarette below and a small locker for propane storage. You can head forward to the bow along either side deck.
- Swim ladder
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Varnished teak cap rail
- Overhead lighting
- Access to the lazarette
- Bronze ship’s bell
Beneath the cockpit is a spacious lazarette which has access to the steering rudder post and autopilot. The inverter and batteries are also located here. Two air conditioning compressors are installed for climate control. This space also houses the hot water tank for fresh water. shower.
- Magnum Energy MS2812 pure sine wave 2800 W inverter and 125A charger with Magnum Energy R-50 remote
- AGM – (2) house 8Ds, (1) main start 8D, (1) generator start 4D | Xantrex XBM Battery Monitor
- Twin 16,000 BTU Cruisair air conditioning compressors
- 11-gallon Seward hot water tank
- Bilge pump
- Propane tank access with twin 5-gallon propane tanks
- Rudder gear access
On the bow you will appreciate double anchor rollers coming back to the Muir electric windlass. There is also a sea water washdown for rinsing off the chain before it enters the chain locker. Stainless rails protect you when walking around on deck. On the house deck you are above the owner cabin below. Facing aft you approach the hinged mast (can be lowered for bridge clearance). The mast has folding steps for ascending to the boat deck.
- 65 lb. custom stainless steel plow anchor with swivel to 400’ of chain
- Muir VRC 2500 electric model windlass with two push buttons and remote operation from interior helm
- Secondary chain deck pipe
- Sea water wash down spigot
- Burgee socket in railing
- Red courtesy lights
- Dual bow pulpit roller for two anchors
- Dorade vents for interior air flow
This is the ideal location to store your tender when underway. (Note: no tender/outboard included). This deck area is a wide platform and also allows you to climb the mast for a birds eye view from the Crow’s nest.
- Mast and boom with forward support struts (aluminum)
- Note: Mast is hinged for lowering
- Crow’s Nest
- Boom winches for dinghy launching
- Radar bracket and Raymarine 24” dome 4kW radar
- Shakespeare 2025 TV 14” antenna with variable gain control
- Shakespeare 5215 VHF mast mounted 36” stainless steel antenna
- Raymarine 120 GPS/WAAS antenna
- YRM custom chocks for future tender
- ACR remote control 200,000 candle power dual beam spotlight
The interior of the Nordhavn 35 is gorgeous. Beautifully crafted and fitted varnished teak for a regal ambiance and a wonderful view of your surroundings through large windows. You enter through the Dutch door. To port, the dining area with seating and a teak table. To starboard, a smaller bench in front of a tilt down chart table that conceals bookshelf storage. The sole is teak and spruce, the white overhead contains ample lighting. Forward to port is a pass through to the galley and cabinetry for a television. To starboard is the helm station.
- Dutch door entry from cockpit
- L – shaped settee to port
- Teak dining table
- Table can be removed, settee can be extended and the settee can be shifted into an overnight guest berth
- Storage under settees
- Tilt down chart table to starboard (with book shelves)
- Opening windows outboard
- Overhead opening hatch with screens
- Blue marine vinyl upholstery with white piping
- Teak and spruce flooring
- Bose 3 2 1 home entertainment system with DVD, CD, and AM/FM with remote
- Samsung 17″ LCD flat screen with remote
The Nordhavn 35 could be considered a “sedan” layout with the entry level comprising the saloon and helm station. Sundance is operated from a two-person helm bench. The navigation equipment is mounted above the helm for easy reach. Outboard to starboard is an opening window if you need to communicate with crew on the dock.
- Upholstered helm bench with foot rests
- Stainless steel wheel with teak spoke handles
- Raymarine RL80CRC Pathfinder with 10″ color LCD display
- Raymarine digital sounder module 50/200kHz dual frequency echo sounder
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata display
- Raymarine Hi-performance core pack
- ICOM VHF M504 marine radio
- Raytech PC Pathfinder interface kit
Going down a couple of steps from the entry level you arrive at the lower level. The galley is to port, head with shower to starboard. There is a large locker above the door access to the engine room. You can go forward to the owner’s stateroom or aft to the engine room.
- Head and shower
- Owner stateroom
- Engine room
A lot of thought was used to create this open and practical galley. Yes, this is a galley – down configuration, but you won’t feel like you are missing out. You can pass food up to the saloon and have an opening window outboard to enjoy the breeze. Corian counter surfaces, stainless steel sink, stove, oven, microwave, refrigeration, freezer – primary cooking needs in a compact area. The forward bulkhead is mirror polished stainless steel to give this area a larger feel. The flooring is vinyl Lonseal, very practical for sure footing.
- Princess propane stove/oven with chopping block cover top
- NovaKool refrigerator freezer
- GE microwave oven
- Broan trash compactor
- Lonseal flooring
- Corian counter tops
- Large pantry locker
- Dual basin stainless steel sink
The head and shower is to starboard on the lower level. There is an opening window. The Corian counter has a stainless sink. The freshwater head faces aft. The stand-up shower has a bi-fold door.
- Lonseal flooring
- Corian countertop
- Stainless steel sink basin
- Stand up shower with bi-fold door
- Jabsco quiet flush electric head (freshwater)
This is an engine room where you can easily crawl around to get to serviceable items. Entering the door, you go along the starboard alley and can head aft behind the engine to go forward up the port alley. This area is well lit and provides very good access.
- Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370 HP
- Northern Lights 6kW with sound shield
- Wet exhaust
- LED engine room lighting
- Dripless shaft seals
- Racor fuel filters
The owner stateroom is forward under the foredeck. Up front, doors open up to inspect the chain locker and there is an upholstered reading seat. A built in teak bureau with drawlers to starboard. The large bed is positioned athwartship in an “island” configuration for easy in and out access. Overhead hatch and opening windows outboard add to the dorade vent air circulation.
- Athwartships island berth bed
- Blue vinyl mattress with white piping
- Anchor locker access
- Red courtesy lights
- Resting/reading seat
- Lockers and drawers
- Teak and spruce flooring