Navigator is for sale by her second owners who moved her from the Connecticut to Wisconsin. As the 35th hull number in the series, Navigator features the major product developments incorporated as Nordhavn continually refined and upgraded this popular model such as: 24V electrical, full size watch berth in the pilothouse, opening hatch in the owner stateroom; and the best equipment selections such as a Steelhead crane, Lugger wing engine and ABT TRAC active fin stabilizers – all important additions that simply were not available on earlier hulls. Navigator’s primary attributes when comparing Nordhavn 47’s: Two cabin layout, flybridge with stainless framed top, fiberglass stack for the main engine exhaust and a crane for launching the dinghy.
Navigator is a fantastic trawler for an active owner operator, or couple, now more so due to the new Yacht Controller. She has generous accommodations and a comfortable layout. The entry level has a spacious saloon and an ideal offshore galley. The raised pilothouse is ideal for underway operations with the flybridge above providing a choice in command locations. The staterooms are forward and below, with the owner stateroom situated low and at the center. Interior décor is quite pleasing with Ultraleather upholstery, fitted carpet, custom blinds and granite counters. Machinery and equipment have been serviced (many upgrades and replacements during the current ownership). The engine room is newly lighted and has great headroom for easier serviceability.
Highlighted Equipment aboard Navigator
- Lugger 1066T main engine 174 HP – dry stack, keel cooled with 3.9:1 transmission, and 2021/2022 renovated/new stainless exhaust and 2021 stainless muffler. Has had vibration damper replaced per OEM recommendation.
- Spurs line cutter on main engine shaft
- Lugger L844D 40 HP wing engine – wet exhaust with ZF 2.99:1 v-drive transmission and Gori three blade feathering propeller. Water pump (2021), silicone exhaust, fuel tank with added drain, and Racor filter drip shield.
- 12kW Northern Lights generator with water pump (2021), cooling core, sound shield, silicone exhaust, and automatic voltage regulator.
- Reverso oil change system – hose and impeller (2022).
- Lightning ground
- Cruisair air conditioning. 3 of 5 are new, Handlers and controls (2) saloon and (1) guest replaced 2023
- Xantrex inverter/charger with bypass
- Master Volt battery charger (2021).
- Lifeline AGM batteries (including two additional 8D’s for house bank). All batteries replaced 2021
- Shore power connections forward and aft. Shore power cord ends replaced (2021)
- Delta T ventilation fans in engine room
- Sea Fire fire-suppression in engine room and lazarette. Serviced 2021, 2023
- ABT TRAC 220 active fin stabilizers – keel cooled. Serviced per OEM recommended timing in 2021
- Flopper stopper set up for starboard side, with equipment in lazarette.
- Maxwell electric windlass, 2022 : 400’ of chain w/ cutaway line, with chain stopper
- Rocna 55lb. anchor
- Mantus ultra swivel (2022)
- Bow tow eye
- 24V Sidepower bow and stern thruster (10.7 HP each). Mechanical legs/props (2021).
- Yacht Controller – controls main engine, thrusters, windlass (2022)
- Steelhead SM1500R crane (rebuilt 2023 with hoses, solenoids, coils, synthetic cable. New wireless remote (2021) and original wired remote serviced 2021. Future rebuild spares.
- Caribe 11’ RIB with Honda 30 HP outboard, 2021: battery, switch and wiring, fuel delivery, navigation lights, hull cleaning, and 2023 battery.
- Canvas covers for hatches and windlass
- Watermakers, Inc. ISL 400 GPD water maker (tested, ready to travel), with spares, test kits, 2023 pressure switches.
- Scandvik cockpit hot cold freshwater shower: 2022
- Raritan fresh water toilets
- Black water system and display replaced 2021
- Gray water system and display replaced 2021
- 2022 Custom mattress plus Froli system or owner stateroom
- 2021 Custom mattress plus Froli system for guest stateroom
- Custom fitted carpeting throughout, cleaned and stored 2021-2023
- Overhead hatches have Oceanaire roller screen/blinds
- Y-valve for galley sink overboard discharge
- Viking Professional four burner propane stove and oven
- Sub-Zero refrigerator with freezer drawers
- Additional freezer in forward stairwell
- (3) large propane tanks in cockpit locker (2021 re-certified system)
- GE Dishwasher
- GE Trash Compactor (inoperable)
- Flat screen television lift in saloon (Samsung 32” television 2023, w/ Apple TV)
- GE clothes washer and GE clothes dryer
- Custom teak dinette table with inlay in saloon
- Custom carpeting in interior
- Custom ordered granite counters on multiple surfaces including guest stateroom desk
- NuTone central vacuum (removed), 2022 Dyson V10 and 2021 Milwaukee portables on board.
- Yacht Boost shore power conditioning transformer in pilothouse (2022)
- (3) Stidd helm chairs – two on flybridge and one in pilothouse
- Flybridge clear view polycarbonate enclosure draped from stainless frame Bimini top
- Other system specific details are available.
Cockpit: The cockpit provides an outdoor space for fishing or relaxing. The swim platform aft has safety rails and two swim ladders. She is easy to board by launch from the swim platform and just inside the transom doors is a 10’ hot /cold freshwater shower for rinsing off. The cockpit has a teak cap rail and includes two built-in lockers aft (storage with a breaker for the stern shore power connections to starboard and the propane locker to port with three tanks. The crane compression post is visible against the aft bulkhead, and you have access to the lazarette below through the large cockpit hatch. The cockpit connects the stern to the bow along the covered starboard side deck, accessing the flopper stopper, and there is a boarding door on the starboard side for getting on and off the dock.
Saloon: The saloon is entered through the Dutch Door. The interior is lively with beautifully matched teak joinery and additional installations of granite counters throughout. Navigator has comfortable settee seating to port and to starboard. There are two ottomans (matching upholstery with storage inside). To starboard, a beautiful custom moveable triangular high-low teak table with inlay. The teak and spruce soles are covered by edge bound carpeting. The starboard settee features a 2023 flat screen television and Apple TV, on a lift. Forward, outboard of the stairs to the pilothouse and behind the tall louvered door are the laundry appliances, a separate clothes washer and clothes dryer.
Galley: This galley has been set up and used to prepare numerous meals on board. The Viking Professional four-burner propane stove and oven has been the most favorite appliance. The galley includes a double basin stainless steel sink with Seagull IV purified water tap, dishwasher, trash compactor (note – does not crush, is used as a slide out trash bin now) and Sub-Zero refrigerator with (2) freezer drawers. There is overhead storage aft and multiple lockers and drawers including a sliding door pantry forward of the Viking. The microwave and countertop convection ovens were new in 2021.
Pilothouse: The raised pilothouse is a few steps up from the entry level and includes an impressive arrangement to provide a comfortable and easily manageable operational command center. The Stidd helm chair is adjustable and there is a wraparound bench seat with table behind. For off watch crew there is a large single watch berth aft with Froli coils. The windows offer excellent visibility. There is an impressive assortment of navigation/communication electronics with controls for the bow and stern thruster, main engine, wing engine, generator, navigation computer and UPS, and 2022 Yacht Controller. The electrical panel is installed in an easily accessed island panel with clearly labeled breakers and digital read outs. Under the port settee is a 12.5 kW 2022 Yacht Boost shore power stabilization and isolation transformer. Two Dutch doors open outboard to allow access to the Portuguese bridge deck – aft to port for the boat deck and flybridge and the starboard door provides entry to the foredeck or aft to the cockpit. Note: See Pilothouse summary table below for details.
Landing: Going down a curved set of stairs you pass the Sub-Zero freezer and then arrive at the lower level landing. The guest cabin and head is forward, the owners stateroom and head is aft.
Guest Stateroom: The guest stateroom forward is very appealing with the tall headroom and practical layout. The head, sink and shower are forward. There are ( qty 3) overhead hatches and ( qty 6) outboard opening portlights. The double berth is to port with a 2021 HMC custom innerspring berth with Froli system. For an additional overnight guest, there is an easily opened pipe berth “cot” above. The desk to starboard features a rare, granite surface with swivel chair and custom bookshelves with deep storage locker. A lighted hanging locker is to port, the tall starboard hanging locker is fitted with shelves.
Owner Stateroom: The location of the owner stateroom aft makes for a very comfortable sleeping area underway. The overhead hatch (built in to the Portuguese bridge) allows for natural air flow (supplemented by the dorade vent on the foredeck). The bed is fore/aft with a custom 2022 HMC innerspring mattress with Froli system, reading lights, and granite bed side cabinets. Outboard to port is a bureau with sliding door hanging locker, a bank of drawers and a tilt out laundry hamper. A tall lighted hanging locker is forward to port (converted to shelves) and there are drawers under the bed so you have closing storage options. There is a flat screen television mounted forward. Along the starboard side is easy access to the head, sink, and shower. Entry to the engine room is aft through the teak veneer door.
Engine Room: 2022 lighting. One special machinery highlight aboard is the headroom in the engine room. The white gelcoat throughout was a special order to help reflect light. There are safety rails (including a tool tray) surrounding the Lugger main engine which is keel cooled with 2021/2022 dry stack exhaust and lagging. Forward is the aluminum fuel supply tank which is gravity fed from the two fiberglass fuel tanks outboard. Forward to port is access to the stabilizer and fuel manifolds, there are lockers outboard to starboard with access to through hulls and the other stabilizer. The aft section of the engine room has the Lugger wing engine to port with independent fuel tank and start batteries. The Northern Lights generator is installed to starboard. Access panels in the sole allow you to inspect the bilge and stuffing box.
Lazarette: Aft in the engine room is a commercial door that grants access to the lazarette. 2022 lighting. You can also access this area through the cockpit hatch above. Both the engine room and the lazarette are protected with built in fire suppression. The collection of equipment in this location includes batteries, air conditioning, water maker, crane machinery, steering system, inverter and more.
Foredeck: The foredeck is entered through a fiberglass gate in the Portuguese bridge. To port are forward shore power connections. There are two large built in deck boxes and three Lewmar hatches. Forward is the anchor well with Maxwell electric windlass with 400’ of chain rode (2022) to a Rocna anchor. A Freeman hatch opens to access the chain locker, and the auxiliary Fortress anchor.
Portuguese Bridge: The Portuguese bridge allows for a protected deck area forward, a walkway between the foredeck and the pilothouse. There are storage lockers for stowing gear, round opening portlights to the guest stateroom and a recessed hatch that connects to the owner stateroom.
Boat Deck: The boat deck area is divided by the Steelhead crane. The Caribe RIB tender is mounted to starboard. The dinghy and outboard are original and have been actively used and serviced. The fiberglass dry stack exhaust is forward with flag halyards and antenna mounts.
Flybridge: The view from aloft is wonderful. The flybridge is directly atop the pilothouse. There is a stainless framed Stamoid cover over top with clear see-through protective polycarbonate curtains that zip in place for all-weather protection and hinge up and out of the way to bring in the breeze. Two Stidd helm chairs are forward with a bench seat is behind. The navigation and electronics are easy to see and adjust. Note: See Flybridge summary table below for details.
Navigator has been cruised from Florida to the Bahamas and up through Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard enjoying the coast and islands of New England up to Maine. She has traveled the St. Lawrence Seaway to Lake Michigan where she has been fresh water based in Manitowoc, WI. She has enjoyed her last three years of heated with power winter storage from November to April in Maine and Wisconsin.
- Note: People’s Choice Award winner at Baltimore TrawlerFest, September 2018
The Nordhavn 47 is one of the most popular models ever built by PAE. The hull mold was extended aft to develop the Nordhavn 52, which has a larger cockpit, but the same interior volume as the 47. The detail photos were taken in June of 2023. Please review the additional information online including photos, 360 room-by-room tour and our YouTube video. Navigator is available for inspection by appointment – please get in touch to learn more. We welcome your inquiry, let’s get you aboard!
ADDITIONAL BROKER COMMENTS:
Navigator is a US Coast Guard Documented vessel (with entry summary paperwork available). The second owners hired Steve D’Antonio during the purchase evaluation and Steve attended the survey haul out and underway, conducting an extensive inspection. Once closed, Navigator was moved to the Hinckley yard in Maine for several months of systems refreshments and upgrades. Many of these improvements are behind-the-scenes, like black and gray water plumbing and the main engine exhaust and muffler refit. Over $200,000.00 was spent to help insure Navigator’s longevity. The owner’s relationship with Steve D’Antonio continues today. It is very satisfying as a broker to help the original buyer set up an outstanding vessel and continually gratifying to see the care and attention continue with the second owner. She is one of my favorite Nordhavn 47’s.
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. The owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida, Virginia and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers and recreational tugs. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: Navigator is available for Co-Brokerage, please call to discuss special listing arrangements in place.
This listing specification has been approved by the sellers for accuracy. The photos, images and descriptive content are copyrighted by JMYS and may not be copied or used without specific written permission.
Listing broker. Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market plus direct experience with the Nordhavn brand (over two decades) and is very well acquainted with the Nordhavn 47. He was the original salesperson for the order and delivery of Navigator and helped the current owners purchase her in July of 2020. Jeff is a familiar face to YouTube viewers and a regular presenter at TrawlerFest. He writes about trawlers for Ocean Navigator and PassageMaker magazines and is one of the online instructors for Boaters University.
Please contact listing broker, Jeff Merrill, CPYB by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Jeff is available via Mobile + 1 949.355.4950 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Jeff@JMYS.com.