TrawlerFest Newport POSTPONED

Share This Story!

With the recent rise in the delta variant of Coronavirus, Trawlerfest in Newport, RI has been postponed to a later date.

JMYS is disappointed and we understand this was not anyone’s first choice, so we thank Passagemaker for making a difficult decision with reasonable notice.

Trawlerfest in Baltimore is still scheduled to take place September 29-October 3 with a new plan to make it an all-outdoors event.

Please see message below from Passagemaker Magazine regarding refunds and ticket transfers.

“Between a shortage of inventory among new and brokerage boats affecting the marine industry as a whole, and rising concerns about the delta variant while in an indoor space, we have made the difficult decision to postpone Trawlerfest Newport, rather than forge ahead with an event that does not meet the high standards you’ve come to expect from our Trawlerfest series.

We are instead moving forward at full steam with our next scheduled Trawlerfest in Baltimore (September 29 – October 3) as an ALL-OUTDOORS event, including all seminars and social gatherings. We feel that this will ensure both confidence and comfort at this time by providing the safest environment possible for all attendees, vendors and presenters.

Also, we are excited to report firm commitments already of over 25 boats to attend Trawlerfest Baltimore, and we expect that number to grow dramatically in the coming weeks. 

On behalf of our presenters, vendors and attendees, we share your disappointment about the postponement. And we will let you know as soon as a future date for Trawlerfest Newport is determined.

In the meantime, if you would like to transfer your tickets to either of our Baltimore or Stuart shows this fall, please confirm via phone or email within the next 7 business days. If you would prefer a full refund instead, we will of course accommodate.”

Read Full TrawlerFest Article