IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO ACQUIRE A SISTERSHIP, PLEASE CONTACT THE JMYS TEAM DIRECTLY.
Please check out the Sweet Ride website: http://kadey-krogen44forsale.com/
Sweet Ride is a widebody Kadey Krogen 44AE. The AE designation is for Advanced Ergonomics. The port and starboard boarding doors are at cockpit sole level, the engine room has two accesses including the lifting staircase. The current owners have cruised her extensively from Bahamas to Maine each year. She is equipped with a suite of navigation, communication and entertainment electronics that one would expect to find on much larger yachts. Sweet Ride cruised the Bahamas including Eleuthera and two months in The Exumas. Her water maker and dive compressor added to the ability to be self-sufficient in these remote areas.
Cockpit: The cockpit provides an enclosed outdoor space for relaxing with a cocktail or enjoying a meal. Open the enclosure for fishing underway or at anchor. Enter the cockpit from the aft swim platform or from either side boarding door. You have hatch access to the lazarette below. There are shore power connections aft and forward and a cockpit shower is built into the transom. The starboard side deck transits from the cockpit to the foredeck. Access to the interior is through her double weather-tight aluminum Diamond SeaGlaze saloon door.
Saloon: The saloon has a comfortable L-shaped settee to starboard in Ultra-leather and two Stressless chairs with Ottomans to port and a fixed mounted high-low teak table. The interior is bright and contemporary with satin finished cherry and teak and holly floors. An icemaker was added in 2015.
Galley: The gourmet galley has been laid out with all of the essentials including a deep basin Corian sink, purified water tap, GE refrigerator and freezer. There is overhead storage and ample drawers for glasses, dishes, utensils and silverware. For preparing meals there is a convection microwave oven and a Viking four burner propane range and oven. Additional storage to port for pots, pans and wine glasses.
Pilothouse: The pilothouse offers excellent visibility all around from the Stidd helm chair, and a bench seat, that pulls out to a full size off watch berth. There is an impressive assortment of Simrad (2017) navigation/communication electronics with controls for the bow thruster, engine, and generator. The electrical panel is installed in an easily accessed panel to port with clearly labeled breakers and digital displays. Two aluminum Dutch doors open outboard to allow access to the side decks. The port door provides entry to the foredeck or aft to the boat deck and flybridge. The starboard door provides access to foredeck or aft to the cockpit.
Master Stateroom: The master stateroom features an island queen forward, two hanging lockers to port and starboard with six large drawers under berth. Eight drawers in the dresser to aft with mirror above. Deep storage is available under the berth with hydraulic lift. A flat screen television is mounted aft to starboard.
Engine Room: You can enter by lifting the stairs to the saloon or through hatch in sole of saloon. The John Deere main engine is mounted on centerline. The aft section of the engine room has a Northern Lights generator on center. The aluminum main fuel tanks outboard are plumbed to the main, generator and ESI fuel polisher/transfer system with supply and return. The engine room is protected by Fireboy fire suppression system. Batteries are divided into three banks, house bank four AGM 8D (2017), engine start AGM 8D, and generator start AGM 4D (2017). Two Magnum inverter/chargers offer redundancy and faster charging of batteries. The Automatic Generator Start AGS (2018) ensures the batteries are charged properly even if the vessel is unattended.
Lazarette: Accessed via the cockpit hatch, provides ample storage space for fenders, cleaning supplies, fishing gear, Scuba tanks, dive compressor and dive gear. The 700 gallons per day water maker and steering gear are also located within.
Foredeck: The foredeck on the Krogen 44AE is high off the water making for a dry comfortable ride and has a Maxwell 2500 hydraulic windlass with chain rode to a Manson Supreme 80 lb. anchor and a Manson Boss 40 lb. anchor with chain and 300 feet of double braid rode. Chain locker access is through the painted Freeman hatch on deck. Shore power and dock water connections are installed on the foredeck and in the cockpit.
Boat Deck: Proceeding aft from the port side brings you up to the boat deck and flybridge. The boat deck has a mast and boom for launching and retrieving the tender via two Warn electric hoists. The dinghy is a Highfield aluminum bottom (center console), with 40 HP Yamaha (2017) and has been actively used. With the tender launched, the boat deck provides a large outdoor deck space. Additionally, there are two bicycle mounts and matching canvas covers.
Flybridge: Equipped with Stidd helm chair forward, seating to starboard, L-shaped settee to port, two Simrad MFD, electronics and stabilizer and anchor controls on the dash, all under the protection of a folding Bimini top. Whether docking, anchoring, or operating the vessel inshore on beautiful days, the flybridge offers commanding views and control that adds to the joy cruising.
Sweet Ride has been lovingly, maintained and upgraded. Service records for all major equipment are dutifully logged aboard and available for your perusal.
Exclusions: Owners personal items art work and tools.
Detailed maintenance records confirming pride of ownership are available for review by request*.
Highlighted equipment aboard Sweet Ride
- Hull and superstructure molds from high-grade female tooling.
- Hull construction includes use of USA-made, Cook® gel coat. Hand-laid Knytex® fiberglass construction with closed-cell PVC sandwich core used in topsides. Solid fiberglass below waterline with blister-resistant vinylester resin utilized on first two laminates below the waterline, with aramid fiber/FRP reinforcements.
- Superstructure includes end-grain balsa core and Knytex® surface mats for print-through reduction.
- Teak aft and side decks. Boat and fore decks have GripTex® non-skid finish. Bulwark has molded plank lines with gel coat finish.
- Polyurethane formulated marine sealants used at hull-to-deck, boat deck joints and exterior fittings.
- Marine-grade plywood bulkheads with molded fiberglass hat section stringers.
- Interior finished with handcrafted solid Cherry and veneers.
- Viking – 4 burner propane stove/oven
- GE refrigerator/freezer
- Large Corian sink
- Seagull water filtration system
- GE microwave convection oven
- Corian countertops
- Simrad NSO evo2 Marine Processor Unit – Embedded Insight Cartography (America)
- OP40 wired remote – Controls up to four processors
- (2) MO16-T. 15.6″ Widescreen monitors – High Definition 1366×768 resolution Pilothouse units
- 4G broadband radar for Simrad NSO, NSE and NSS series
- Broadband sounder module (BSM-1)
- Autopilot pack standard VRF with AC42 Comp (High Current), RC42 rate compass NMEA2000 network interface
- WR20 remote commander system (wireless control autopilot)
- RPU300US, 12V drive Unit complete
- (2) VHF marine radios – RS35, DSC
- (2) ICOM SP-24 remote speakers for the (2) RS35 VHF radios
- VHF W/L handset, HS35, DSC (wireless use of both VHF’s from Flybridge)
- (2) IS40 digital display
- Simrad AP24 Auto Pilot control head
- GOFREE WIFI wireless module (Wi-Fi for using an iPad as a remote control and viewing of data on the NSO marine processor unit
- GS25 antenna with built in rate compass. 10 Hz position update rate
- Airmar SS270W’s “wide bean” (extra wide coverage). 1 kW HD digital sounder
- Maretron DSM-250 NMEA 2000 data repeater
- Maretron ALM 100 – 110 DB warning sound system for “out of range” data on NMEA data bus
- Maretron WSO 100 Ultrasonic wind and weather
- AMEC (AIS) CLASS “A” transponder
- MO16-T. 15.6″Widescreen High bright, multi-touch monitor. High Definition 1366×768 resolution. 1000 nit brightness
- NSS 12” Chart Plotter
- (2) IS40 Digital display
- OP40 Wired Remote – Controls up to four processors
- 700 GPD Watermakers Inc, water maker
- KVH M5 Sat TV system
- 3 LCD TVs Samsung
- 2 – HDTV Dish Network black box systems to allow two different sat stations on any of the 3 LCD TVs.
- Over-The-Air antenna for local channels in HDTV
- Yamaha receiver, full 5 channel HI-Def surround sound
- Harmony remote to control all entertainment devices
- Custom installation of (6) high end “Kef” speakers includes subwoofer for surround sound
- Pep Wave MAX HD2 Ethernet router (2018), connected to an over the air Wi-Fi Rogue System and outside antenna, Ethernet router also allows use of 2 SIM cards to use as a whole yacht Wi-Fi system
- Remote controlled spotlight
- Asko clothes washer/dryer – full sized units
- (2) Ekornes leather chairs in saloon
- TV lift system for saloon TV on starboard side
- Full ships air conditioning and heating systems
- ESI fuel polishing system
- 9 kW Northern Lights generator in Sound shield
- Oil change system plumbed to main, transmission and generator
- ABT hydraulics package including TRAC stabilization, hydraulic Maxwell windlass and 15 HP bow thruster
- Forward shore power inlets
- Maretron Holding tank monitor
- Twin Magnum inverter/chargers set up for redundancy and high capacity charging
- Remote Racor fuel filtration gage in pilothouse
- (2) Rudder angle indicator in pilothouse and flybridge
- Custom mast/gooseneck system with two electric hoist winches
- All LED lighting including running lights
- Stidd helm chairs in pilothouse and flybridge
- Maxwell chain counter
- Optional galley window
- Custom butcher block insert in galley counter
- (2) Seagull water purification systems
- Transom mounted blue underwater light
- 80 lb. Manson Supreme anchor -all 3/8″ chain rode primary
- 40 lb. Mason “Boss” secondary anchor
- Highfield Ocean Master aluminum RIB center console tender with 40 HP. Yamaha electric start outboard motor
- Additional “blue” LED deck lights
- LED deck lights
- Bimini top
- Bow tow eye
- GE convection microwave oven
- U-Line ice maker with custom cherry enclosure
- Dive Compressor
- Engine room fire suppression system
- EPIRB mounted on flybridge
- Winslow 6-man life raft (requires re-cert 8/18)
- Spares for Main engine and generator
- Canvas covers for tender, outside seating, and bikes (2017)
- Cockpit enclosure (2018)
- Balmar 270-amp alternator
- Charles isolation transformer with switch for 208V (Boost) or 240V shore power
- Magma rectangular grill
- (4) custom rod holders for trolling
- (3) stainless steel rod holders (storage) overhead cockpit
- Fusion audio system with Sirius XM
- Satellite weather to all four Simrad monitors
- Snubber lines rigged to reduce anchoring scope
- Bridle for anchoring or mooring ball with snap shackle
Please check out the Sweet Ride website: http://kadey-krogen44forsale.com/
The detail photos of Sweet Ride were taken in November of 2018 (many more images are available by request- contact the listing broker*). We encourage you to get in touch so we can discuss her in detail and set up an appointment so that you can step aboard and see for yourself. Once you see Sweet Ride in person we are sure you will appreciate her excellent condition.
Exclusions: Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Artwork, tools, handheld navigation gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Disclaimer: Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Brokerage: JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California and Florida) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Co-Brokerage: Fellow yacht broker association members: This listing is available for co-brokerage and JMYS is a 50/50 house. Courtesy showings are available by appointment. Florida listings subject to appropriate broker licensing required by law.
If you would like to step aboard please contact Christopher to make an appointment and see for yourself why Sweet Ride is such an extraordinary Kadey-Krogen 44AE.
*Listing broker. Christopher Bruce, (Licensed Florida Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market plus intimate knowledge of the Kadey Krogen’s. All inspections are by appointment only. Please contact listing broker, Christopher Bruce by phone, text or email for additional information or to schedule your personal showing. Christopher is always available via Mobile +1 603.397.8397 (call or text). You can send a detailed Email to: Christopher@JMYS.com.
|YACHT NAME:||Sweet Ride|
|BRAND AND MODEL:||Kadey Krogen 44AE (Flybridge with Bimini top)|
|TYPE:||Long range passage maker with raised pilothouse|
|HULL COLOR:||White gelcoat|
|REGISTRY:||United States Coast Guard documented|
|BUILDER:||Asia Harbor Yacht Builders Co., Ltd.|
|HULL MATERIAL:||Solid Fiberglass|
|DISPLACEMENT:||43,140 lbs. | 19.56 MT|
|BALLAST:||2,500 lbs. | 1,134 KG (Lead)|
|RANGE:||3,000 miles @ 7 knots|
|SPEED:||Cruise 7.6 knots. Top 9.0 knots|
|LOA:||49′ | 14.93 M|
|LWL:||40′ 11″ | 12.44 M|
|BEAM:||16′ 4″ | 4.98 M|
|DRAFT:||4′ 6″ | 1.37 M|
|Cp:||Prismatic Coefficient .607|
|AIR DRAFT:||25’0″ | 7.62 M to top of antennae (estimate)|
|DECK:||White deck with beige nonskid|
|MAIN ENGINE:||John Deere | 6068 TFM75 |158 HP (Main hours: ~2,753) Nov 2018|
|TRANSMISSION||Twin Disc Model MG5061 | 3.0:1 reduction gear|
|PROPELLER / SHAFT||2″ Aquamet 22 shaft | Four blade propeller 28″ x 24.5″| Spurs line cutter|
|EXHAUST:||Wet exhaust, Centek Vernalift muffler|
|THRUSTER:||TRAC/ABT Hydraulic 15 HP Bow thruster|
|STABILIZATION:||ABT 220 Digital Active Fins|
|ELECTRICAL:||60 Hertz – US style – 50 amp|
|SHORE POWER:||50 amp and 30 amp (fore and aft).|
|GENERATOR:||Northern Lights 9 kW 240V 60Hz (Generator hours: ~1,133 Nov 2018|
|INVERTER/CHARGER:||(2) Magnum 2800 Watt inverter/charger|
|BATTERIES:||Lifeline AGM (2017)|
|INTERIOR LIGHTING:||Cantalupi lighting LED|
|WATER MAKER:||Water Makers, Inc., ISL 700 (700 gallons a day)|
|CLIMATE CONTROL:||Cruisair Air Conditioning|
|MACHINERY EQUIPMENT:||Reverso Oil changer|
|WINDLASS:||Maxwell 2500 Hydraulic|
|GROUND TACKLE:||Manson Supreme 40 88 lbs. | 300′ 3/8″ high test chain | Secondary Manson|
|MAST AND BOOM:||Painted aluminum mast and boom for antenna mounting and dinghy lifting|
|TENDER AND OUTBOARD:||Highfield OceanMaster 350 (11′)| Yamaha 40 HP outboard|
|NAV/COM BRANDS:||Simrad | B&G | KVH|
|ENTERTAINMENT:||Samsung flat screen TV in saloon on lift | Samsung flat screen TV in master | Samsung flat screen in Guest/Office | KEF speakers | Stereo|
|STATEROOMS:||(2) Master forward, Guest cabin amidship|
|BEDDING:||Custom mattress in Master|
|HEAD:||Dometic MasterFlush (Electric freshwater)|
|SHOWER:||Single with folding door|
|LAUNDRY:||ASKO separate clothes washer and clothes dryer|
|GALLEY:||Viking professional propane 4 burner stove with propane oven| GE refrigerator| U-Line icemaker |GE Microwave convection oven|
|INTERIOR WOOD:||Cherry – matte, semi-gloss finish|
|INTERIOR COUNTERS:||Corian counters|
|INTERIOR FLOORING:||Teak and spruce hardwood|
|BILGE PUMPS:||Electric standard and electric highwater|
|FUEL:||850 gallons | 3217 L (Aluminum)|
|HOLDING BLACK:||52 gallons | 197 L (Fiberglass)|
|FRESH WATER:||300 gallons | 1136 L (Stainless Steel)|
|ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT:||Stidd helm chairs (Pilothouse and Flybridge)| (2) Man Ship ventilation fans in engine room | (2) Seagull IV water purifiers (Galley and Head) | Dive Compressor in lazarette|
|SAFETY:||Engine room FireBoy fire suppression | Lifesling| EPIRB | Winslow Liferaft|
|PHOTO DATE:||Most detail photos were taken in November 2018|
|Note:||All information is believed accurate, but should be verified.|